Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Embedding Xtext Editors in Forms(Guidance on how to embedd Xtext Editors in Forms)
Embedding Xtext Editors in Forms [message #1726187] Thu, 10 March 2016 12:40
Shrinivas Kini is currently offline Shrinivas KiniFriend
I have created a DSL Grammar to allow a designer to author structure like a Java Class.

I am using a Multipage Editor to show the text view and the form view. in the Form View I want to allow the user to author the expression content of a Method body in a separate text box. I can allow the user to work on one or many methods on the Form.

I have tried embedding an XtextEditor on From using an EmbeddedEditorFacory. But I see the following issues.

1.> The viewer control on the EmbeddedEditor does not render in the within the composite of a Group widget (org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Group).

2.> I created the editor instance with .withResourceValidator(resourceValidator).showErrorAndWarningAnnotations(). But still it is not showing the validation errors even for Grammar errors.
3.> Content assist does not work.
4.> I don't know how to track / announce dirty state

Do we have any working sample applications which can be used as a reference. Or can you please guide me to any source which will help me understand the technique?
Previous Topic: generate a model .xmi xtext eclipse
Next Topic:How to disable partial parsing in xtext?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:38:29 GMT 2024