Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » oneM2M and CoAP(Tutorial required)
oneM2M and CoAP [message #1725793] Mon, 07 March 2016 17:04 Go to next message
Andrew Cloete is currently offline Andrew CloeteFriend
Good day all,

I have cloned and built the new oneM2M compliant branch, as well as deployed a small demo application that registers on the IN-CSE. My main question is with regards to the CoAP binding, but I'll conclude with a 2 secondary questions.

I'm using the Copper (Cu) firefox plugin to try and send requests to the local IN-CSE on port 5687, but I just get a "host unreachable" response. I ran netstat -nlp and found no application listening on port 5687. Is the CoAP binding not implemented yet for the "one" branch?

Could you possibly also provide a small CoAP REST interface tutorial similar to the HTTP version at https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/REST_API? Specifically highlighting the differences in structure (e.g. HTTP headers becomes CoAP query parms)

Lastly, two follow-up qustions:
1. Will MQTT be natively supported by OM2M in the future?
2. Can anyone point me in the direction of starting with LWM2M and how it fits in with oneM2M?

Friendly regards
Andrew
Re: oneM2M and CoAP [message #1725796 is a reply to message #1725793] Mon, 07 March 2016 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thierry Monteil is currently offline Thierry MonteilFriend
Hi Andrew,

There isn't a CoAP plugin for the OneM2M version of OM2M on eclipse from now, but i know that companies have worked on this.

We have a student that work on the integration of MQTT in OM2M, so this is in the pipe.
We also work on the integration of LWM2M with several companies. For those two integrations, you should wait second semester of 2016.

Thierry.
Re: oneM2M and CoAP [message #1740101 is a reply to message #1725796] Tue, 09 August 2016 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Son Duong is currently offline Son DuongFriend
Hi Thierry,

I am using now the OM2M ver 1.0.0 and I saw that it was already included already the coap plugin. Could you recommend me a plugin to send the coap request? I tried Copper (Cu) in firefox but I can not find where to put the header and payload for the POST request like in REST API Client.

Thank you so much!
Son

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: oneM2M and CoAP [message #1740628 is a reply to message #1725793] Tue, 16 August 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Son Duong is currently offline Son DuongFriend
Andrew Cloete wrote on Mon, 07 March 2016 17:04
Good day all,

I have cloned and built the new oneM2M compliant branch, as well as deployed a small demo application that registers on the IN-CSE. My main question is with regards to the CoAP binding, but I'll conclude with a 2 secondary questions.

I'm using the Copper (Cu) firefox plugin to try and send requests to the local IN-CSE on port 5687, but I just get a "host unreachable" response. I ran netstat -nlp and found no application listening on port 5687. Is the CoAP binding not implemented yet for the "one" branch?

Could you possibly also provide a small CoAP REST interface tutorial similar to the HTTP version at https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/REST_API? Specifically highlighting the differences in structure (e.g. HTTP headers becomes CoAP query parms)

Lastly, two follow-up qustions:
1. Will MQTT be natively supported by OM2M in the future?
2. Can anyone point me in the direction of starting with LWM2M and how it fits in with oneM2M?

Friendly regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

were you successfully in sending request using the coap? Can you please give me a hint about it?

Thank you in advanced!
Regards,
Son
Re: oneM2M and CoAP [message #1741007 is a reply to message #1740628] Mon, 22 August 2016 11:14 Go to previous message
Klemen Petrovcic is currently offline Klemen PetrovcicFriend
I have just posted an example of a coap client, which you can find here.
Previous Topic:Add a new plugin in OM2M (without Eclipse)
Next Topic:Router internal error when running in-cse in MAC OS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:18:12 GMT 2024