Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Call functions from other files
Call functions from other files [message #1725711] Mon, 07 March 2016 08:46 Go to next message
Josselin Kerdraon is currently offline Josselin KerdraonFriend
Hi,

I'm developing a grammar where user will be able to declare functions in the editor or in other files. I would like this editor to be able to recognize when the user call a function developed in another file.

The idea I had for the grammar validation part was to copy function declarations in the editor's text, but hidden of this editor.

For example:

//Part hidden
def addition (var a, var b, var c){
        c=a+b;
}
//Part typed by the user in the editor
var a=1;
var b=2;
var c=0;
addition(a,b,c);

I tried to use the setVisibleRegion of my editor's viewer, but it doesn't work.

How could I do that ?

Regards
Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725723 is a reply to message #1725711] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi,

i dont get that.
in xtext by default named things from one file is visible from other files.
so you want need this hidden thing at all

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2016 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725731 is a reply to message #1725723] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

So how do I import script written in other files to my editor (an implicit import ) ?
Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725736 is a reply to message #1725731] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By default you have to do nothing. How does your grammar and scoping look

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725754 is a reply to message #1725736] Mon, 07 March 2016 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, currently I can't test other files because the data files manager is not working yet. So I just supposed that files created would not be detected in the editor.

Function part of my grammar looks like this:

CalcDeclaration  returns newFunction:
	'def' name=STR '('inParameters+=InVariable (',' inParameters+=InVariable )* (',' outParameters+=OutVariable)* ')' '{'
		instructions+=Instruction*
	'}'
;

FunctionCall:
	functionName=[newFunction|STR] '('(arguments+=[Assignable|STR] ',')*  arguments+=[Assignable|STR] ')' 
	;

My ScopeProvider is currently empty.
Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725759 is a reply to message #1725754] Mon, 07 March 2016 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this should work fine if both files are in the same project (in eclipse) or in the same resourceset standalone.

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725760 is a reply to message #1725759] Mon, 07 March 2016 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are in the same project but not in the same eclipse plugin

I mean, this application will store files containing functions. This files will be managed by a plugin (and stored in a ftp server).
In this application there are GEF components used to display values. This values can be calculated programmatically with an editor using a language (with xtext). You think that these editors will be able to find automatically the functions written in the files ?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2016 13:34]

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725764 is a reply to message #1725760] Mon, 07 March 2016 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you adapt the scoping accordingly. and or create the resourceset properly (have no idea what you exactly do)

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725768 is a reply to message #1725764] Mon, 07 March 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a big project so it's difficult to explain but:

A manager plugin provides files containing functions written with my grammar to be loaded.
My editor's plugin can access to this manager. So I want that, when I open an editor, files are read and function references are created. The goal is: when I write a function call in the editor, it's validated when the function is in one of this file.

I'm trying to see how to adapt scoping

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2016 14:02]

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725774 is a reply to message #1725768] Mon, 07 March 2016 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Du you use embedded editor?

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725777 is a reply to message #1725774] Mon, 07 March 2016 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes and I initialize it like this:

EmbeddedEditorFactory factory = injector.getInstance(EmbeddedEditorFactory.class);
        final EmbeddedEditor handle = factory.newEditor(resourceProvider).showErrorAndWarningAnnotations().withParent(composite);

final EmbeddedEditorModelAccess partialEditor = handle.createPartialEditor(true);

ScriptStandaloneSetup.doSetup();
        if (script != null) {
            String s = script.toString().trim().replaceAll("[;]", ";\n").replaceAll("[{]", "{\n");
            handle.getDocument().set(script.toString());
            handle.getViewer().setVisibleRegion(0, script.toString().length());
        } else {
            handle.getDocument().set("\n");
            handle.getViewer().setVisibleRegion(0, 1);
        }

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725780 is a reply to message #1725777] Mon, 07 March 2016 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then i think it is the best to have all in the same file.
you can tweak the visible part using

EmbeddedEditorModelAccess.setModel(XtextDocument document, String prefix, String editablePart, String suffix)

Re: Call functions from other files [message #1725790 is a reply to message #1725780] Mon, 07 March 2016 16:39 Go to previous message
I don't have a good version of Xtext (there is no setModel, just updateModel...). But it works perfectly by using updatePrefix. So my problem is fixed

Thanks for your help Christian Wink
Previous Topic:Create xmi file in runtime through saving
Next Topic:Different prefix for Special Character in RuleCall
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:44:33 GMT 2024