Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » No more swt*.jar files?(upgrading to Mars.2, now my swt and jface jar files are gone!)
No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725482] Thu, 03 March 2016 19:16 Go to next message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I have a standalone app using SWT/JFace. For older versions of Eclipse, I had to include several SWT-related jar files in the classpath of my distribution. After upgrading to Mars.2 from a previous version (at least 2 pervious versions ago), there are no longer any *swt*.jar and *jface*.jar files in the plugins subdir. In fact, there is no plugins subdir.

Doing a
find /usr/local/ -name "*jface*"

turned up nothing useful.

So where, now, do I get the *swt*.jar and *jface*.jar files to include into my distribution??

Mark
Re: No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725485 is a reply to message #1725482] Thu, 03 March 2016 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'd guess that you installed using the Eclipse Installer? It shares bundles in a bundle pool, typically found in $HOME/.p2/pool or in your user app data directory. You should be able to find them by adding a library to your project properties > Java Build Path > Libraries and extending the 'ECLIPSE_HOME' variable.

Brian.
Re: No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725489 is a reply to message #1725485] Thu, 03 March 2016 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did indeed use the Eclipse Installer, and I did indeed find a $HOME/.p2 subdir with a pools.info file, but no pools subdirectory. Sad

I'm uncertain what you are suggesting by a "user app data directory"... Are you talking about something under my "workspace" (where my projects live)??

Also, I visited Java Build Path > Libraries and only had the option to Add... {jars, files, folders, libraries}, so not sure what your lingo means to extend ECLIPSE_HOME...(?)

thanks in advance for your clarification...
Mark
Re: No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725491 is a reply to message #1725485] Thu, 03 March 2016 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, I found where I could download the swt.jar file, but jface classes don't come with it. I googled until my fingers were blue, but have not found where I can download jface classes to include in my stand-alone projects... Any ideas?
Mark
Re: No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725499 is a reply to message #1725491] Thu, 03 March 2016 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
JFace and SWT are included in Eclipse as bundles. You could download a distribution from download.eclipse.org and find them there.

Or you can reference the plugins from your classpath. I've attached a snapshot indicating how you'd set the library referencing the ECLIPSE_HOME variable.

index.php/fa/25174/0/

Since you said this was a standalone application, I assume you just export a Runnable Jar and include the referenced libraries.

(The user app data is for Windows; it's where the Eclipse Installer puts its bundle pool.)

Hope that helps.

Brian.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2016 21:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: No more swt*.jar files? [message #1725594 is a reply to message #1725499] Fri, 04 March 2016 15:54 Go to previous message
Excellent! Downloading Eclipse (not using the installer) was the trick I needed. I found the needed jface and swt Jar files (after "tar -zx"), copied them into my standalone project, and I'm good to go!!
Previous Topic:CTabFolder content display issue in combination with ScrolledComposite
Next Topic:Tray Item issues in Windows 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:40:13 GMT 2024