Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » problems with dark theme(unredable text)
problems with dark theme [message #1725314] Wed, 02 March 2016 13:32 Go to next message
Alessandro Fardin is currently offline Alessandro FardinFriend
Hi,
What about problems with dark theme?
I'm still facing them with CDT 8.8.1 (eclipse 4.5.2) and CDT 9.0 (eclipse 6.6.M5)

the issues are in importance order:
1) macro expansion unreadable
2) otline unreadable in case of #ifdef disabled block code
3) bad looking icons

I've open the bugs in bugzilla a lot of time ago but I haven't seen any update on them,
are there any plan to fix them?

thank
Alessandro
Re: problems with dark theme [message #1725355 is a reply to message #1725314] Thu, 03 March 2016 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
I use the dark theme myself. Some of the colors seem to be controlled or modulated by the system them. I'm using xfce4 and found only one theme that provides reasonable colors. Finding it was a tedious search. There are still problems. For instance, the search dialog highlights are the same color as the background and other dialogs and menus show selections with very light gray on white. See the attachments.

In general, this is not a CDT problem but Eclipse. AFIK the dark theme is Moonrise. I used Moorise with Juno and the Mars version has a strong resemblance. This problem should be addressed elsewhere. Perhaps at the Moonrise support site.
Re: problems with dark theme [message #1725360 is a reply to message #1725314] Thu, 03 March 2016 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
That's hard to answer. Depends if someone comes along and contributes fixes for the dark theme.

Personally, I find so much wrong with the dark theme throughout Eclipse that I keep away from it. It's not technically good UX anyway (lots of studies on that).
Re: problems with dark theme [message #1726099 is a reply to message #1725360] Wed, 09 March 2016 15:15 Go to previous message
Harald-R. Flasch is currently offline Harald-R. FlaschFriend
Using a "dark theme" with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Community edition without any issues like that ^^ ....

Tried using "dark theme" with Eclipse Mars.1 and will switch back to normal/classical theme ....
Previous Topic:Avoid auto-format on #include directives
Next Topic:How to correct GNU toolchain path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:15:35 GMT 2024