Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Hiding ActivityPartitions
Hiding ActivityPartitions [message #1725301] Wed, 02 March 2016 10:55 Go to next message
Johan Van Noten is currently offline Johan Van NotenFriend
ActivityPartitions are used to represent allocation.
It typically disturbs the ActivityDiagram's simplicity and it would therefore be good to be able to hide them.
Unfortunately, we are not successful in selectively hiding the ActivityPartitions through CSS nor Layers.
In both cases, setting visibility to false also hides the children which is not really unexpected.

Workaround: for now we have added the following CSS (drawing them white on white):
ActivityPartition {
	lineColor: white;
	transparency: 100;
	fontColor: white;
}
Activity {
	fillColor: white;
}

Is there a more intelligent way of reaching this goal?
Re: Hiding ActivityPartitions [message #1725305 is a reply to message #1725301] Wed, 02 March 2016 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
hi Johan,

do you really represent allocation through partitions? Does it create the "allocate" relationships? I'm interested in your feedback as my experience reaches to the conclusion that this concept of "allocate through partition" does not scale (difficult to maintain graphically and does not create "allocate").

Best
raphaël
Re: Hiding ActivityPartitions [message #1725349 is a reply to message #1725305] Wed, 02 March 2016 21:46 Go to previous message
Johan Van Noten is currently offline Johan Van NotenFriend
Hi Raphael,

I also have my doubts about the longer term usability of those ActivityPartitions. For small Activity diagrams they provide a decent graphical representation, but once diagrams start growing it makes them "forced" along the swimlanes, adds quite some graphical clutter to them and yes there is no real allocate relationship backing the allocation.

If one uses them for those smaller models, it would be convenient though to be able to hide them to "simplify" the view. That is what the post is about.

The usability of the real allocate relationships is another point currently driving us to ActivityPartitions for those smaller models. The current way of handling allocations in Papyrus is the allocation table: a synchronized table having the columns supplier / client. As compared to typical allocation matrices, this is not yet the optimal format. Do you have good experiences of handling allocations that way in Papyrus? It would be good to understand how you are using it.

Best regards,
Johan
Previous Topic:papyrus class diagram
Next Topic:Guide on how to use the navigation framework?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:27:25 GMT 2024