Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » eclipse hanging (eclipse hangs and the installation doesn't move forward)
eclipse hanging [message #1725174] Tue, 01 March 2016 11:12 Go to next message
Piyush Gupta is currently offline Piyush GuptaFriend
whenever i try to install e(fx)clipse plugin the installation stops at 34% completion (it doesnt move forward even after an hour or so). It's not that the internet connection is slow. But still it happens always. so i am not able to come to the point of restarting eclipse and thus the javafx library doesnt work.
Re: eclipse hanging [message #1728806 is a reply to message #1725174] Thu, 07 April 2016 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradley Richards is currently offline Bradley RichardsFriend
Follow the instructions here: https://www.eclipse.org/efxclipse/install.html

The problem is that Eclipse apparently does not know where to fetch the software; you must add a repository. I suggest following the "for the ambition" path - it's actually easier.
Re: eclipse hanging [message #1729650 is a reply to message #1728806] Sun, 17 April 2016 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Gordon is currently offline Neil GordonFriend
If anyone has a problem with e(fx)clipse hanging, and they are running Eclipse Mars.2 on Linux, try switching to Eclipse Mars.1. This resolved the issue for me (thanks to Thomas Schindl for the pointer).

See the following bug report: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=491426
Re: eclipse hanging [message #1729662 is a reply to message #1728806] Sun, 17 April 2016 11:37 Go to previous message
Neil Gordon is currently offline Neil GordonFriend
Further to my previous message regarding Eclipse hanging, I discovered that the problem still exists. I've posted more details on the ticket.
Previous Topic:Bundle org.eclipse.fx.osgi not found :-(
Next Topic:Color variable definitions are marked as Unknown property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:55:23 GMT 2024