Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » ISpecificaiton error
ISpecificaiton error [message #1725054] Mon, 29 February 2016 11:31 Go to next message
Max Russell is currently offline Max RussellFriend
I'm seeing this issue on startup of formalmind Studio 1.0.0.201601261207

"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorEditorPart cannot be cast to org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.pror.editor.ISpecificationEditor"
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1725373 is a reply to message #1725054] Thu, 03 March 2016 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Max,

Upon starting, does the tool open any (old) editors? If so, close all editors shut down, and start again.

Best,

- Michael
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1726084 is a reply to message #1725373] Wed, 09 March 2016 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Russell is currently offline Max RussellFriend
I resolved it. Thanks.
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1735375 is a reply to message #1725373] Fri, 17 June 2016 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Fisher is currently offline Ryan FisherFriend
Hi Michael,

I am using openETCS, which I downloaded today. I can see all my specifications in the editor for the reqif file as well as all spec objects and relations in the Outline. However, when I click on a specification to edit it in the editor I get the following error:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorEditorPart cannot be cast to org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.pror.editor.ISpecificationEditor

In the error logs it mentions what looks like applicable gaps in my setup:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench"

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1735512 is a reply to message #1735375] Mon, 20 June 2016 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ryan,

Not sure what the problem is, but an easy workaround is to use formalmind Studio to open the ReqIF, which you can download here:

http://formalmind.com/tools/studio/

Best,

- Michael
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1753467 is a reply to message #1725054] Mon, 06 February 2017 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas Ajargo is currently offline Nicolas AjargoFriend
Hello,

I am having the exact same error message using ReqIF Studio whenever i try to open any specification for edit.

I'm working with a ReqIF file exported from DOORs. Outline works fine and shows all the items.

If I start another file and add a specification everything works fine. Is there anything i can do to the exported file to be able to edit it?

Thanks
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1753565 is a reply to message #1753467] Tue, 07 February 2017 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nicolas,

I need more information to troubleshoot this. Can you share the file (just to me via email), or is it confidential?

If it's confidential, could you start ReqIF Studio from the console, produce the error and send me the output?

Cheers,

- Michael
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1753686 is a reply to message #1753565] Wed, 08 February 2017 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas Ajargo is currently offline Nicolas AjargoFriend
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem tho.

It turns out that if I open the ReqIF file by going File -> Open File... then when trying to open a specification the error message appears.

The workaround I found was creating a new project and then, on the Project Explorer, right clicking -> New -> File and in that window >> Advanced options.

If I load the file using the "Link to file in the file system" option in that window then everything goes well and I can enter each specification.

I don't know if this is expected behavior or not but if anyone has the same problem now they have another thing to try.

If you want to further investigate this problem then let me know and i can send you the file.

Thanks!
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1753759 is a reply to message #1753686] Thu, 09 February 2017 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nicolas,

I understand what happens: For things to work properly, the .reqif file MUST reside in a Project in the Workspace. This is due to Eclipse having a screwed up Resource framework (at least imho). It will be non-trivial to remove this limitation, but it may be a good idea to invest in a better error message. Thanks for sharing the fix!

Best,

- Michael
Re: ISpecificaiton error [message #1777521 is a reply to message #1753686] Wed, 29 November 2017 21:48 Go to previous message
Andreas Bergvall is currently offline Andreas BergvallFriend
I had the same problem. But there is an easier way to get the file into the project: Drag and drop it from windows explorer onto the project.
Previous Topic:ReqIF and Gendoc
Next Topic:Manage .reqif in git for multiple user input
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:46:01 GMT 2024