Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » papyrus class diagram(Properties length in a class diagram)
papyrus class diagram [message #1725036] Mon, 29 February 2016 09:29 Go to next message
ronan prat is currently offline ronan pratFriend
I am beginning in UML and Papyrus
I want to know if it's possible to enter length for properties in a class diagram.
And if it's possible how i can do this.
And if it's not possible at what level of the UML method i could do this.
for example i want to define the name property of the class person.
property: Name
datatype char
length : 15

Thanks for the answer
Re: papyrus class diagram [message #1725205 is a reply to message #1725036] Tue, 01 March 2016 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Ronan,

There are many ways you can do this, depending on your ultimate goal.

You could simply define a UML datatype named "char", then use that datatype to define the name property in your "person" class and then set the property's multiplicity to be the length of the "string".

A "char" primitive type is also defined in each of the "Ecore Primitive Types", "Java primitive types", and "AnsiCLibrary" model libraries. You can get access to those libraries by right-clicking on the model in the Model Explorer and selecting "Import > Import Registered Package. (Note that the "AnsiCLibrary" library requires you to first add Papyrus' "C++ code generation (incubation)" component.)

Note that the "UML Primitive Types" model library does have have a "char", but it does have a "String".

I do hope this helps.

/Charles Rivet
Re: papyrus class diagram [message #1725269 is a reply to message #1725205] Wed, 02 March 2016 08:37 Go to previous message
ronan prat is currently offline ronan pratFriend
thanks for the answer.

best regards

ronan
Previous Topic:Display of association label modifiers
Next Topic:Hiding ActivityPartitions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:34:16 GMT 2024