Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Add a new workflow pattern
Add a new workflow pattern [message #1724833] Fri, 26 February 2016 12:30 Go to next message
jamila oukha is currently offline jamila oukhaFriend
Hi,
I would like to extend bpmn 2.0 modeler by adding a new workflow pattern with the extended elements (Custom task: lane,pool,task...and the relationship between those elements ).
Can you help me?
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725067 is a reply to message #1724833] Mon, 29 February 2016 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi there,

I'm working on a tutorial that explains how to do this - should have something by today. I will post to this forum when it's available.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725108 is a reply to message #1725067] Mon, 29 February 2016 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Please have a look at this Developer Tutorial and let me know if you have any questions.
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725153 is a reply to message #1725108] Tue, 01 March 2016 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks you for your answers.
My question is :
How I can add an extended element (custom task) in the pattern workflow (object type) ?
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725221 is a reply to message #1725153] Tue, 01 March 2016 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ah, my apologies. It looks like there are a few problems in the tool definition handlers. I have filed a bugzilla here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=488792

Should have a fix in the next service release.
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725229 is a reply to message #1725221] Tue, 01 March 2016 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is from the pool container and also from custom task?
Because I create a pool with a processRef =id of process and a Process+LaneSet+Lane but not working
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725264 is a reply to message #1725229] Wed, 02 March 2016 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and also for the Lane because the lane not a container of flownodeRef it is a reference when I create a Lane+ Task the task is not within a lane
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1725468 is a reply to message #1725264] Thu, 03 March 2016 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Jamila,

First, I'm sorry to tell you that this kind of nesting is broken with the current version of the editor, so please don't spend any more time trying to get it to work Confused I am currently testing a fix for this problem and should have a new build by the end of this week, along with a working example.

Second, as you probably already know, in order for the editor to be able to distinguish a Custom Task from a plain BPMN2 Task, there MUST be some feature (either an extension attribute or element) in the task which your plugin defines. This feature must be set in the <tool> definition. For example the jBPM extension plugin defines a group of Custom Tasks that are identified by the extension attribute "taskName"; so the <tool> definition looks like this:

<tool name="Email Task" description="This is a Custom Task that can be configured to send emails">
		<object type="Task[$taskName='Email']"/>
	</tool>

I don't want to go into too much technical detail, but when the editor constructs the task from this tool, it first asks all of the extension plugins if they recognize it as a Custom Task; if so, construction and initialization is routed through the extension plugin's Model Extension mechanism.

On another topic: I'm curious about how and why you are using the BPMN2 Modeler, and why it was chosen over some other solution? I'm trying to build a case to present to my product manager, arguing against discontinuing development of this project, and any support from the community will help my case.

Thanks!
Bob
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1726115 is a reply to message #1725468] Wed, 09 March 2016 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi , thanks you very much for your answers
I defined a group of Custom Task that are identified by a extended attribute "type"
For example this :
<customTask
name="Communication Activity" featureContainer="org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.comunicationFeatureContainer"
id="org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.Communication Activity"
type="Task">
<property
name="type"
value="Communication Activity">
</property>
</customTask
And for the feature container
public class comunicationFeatureContainer extends CustomShapeFeatureContainer{

public comunicationFeatureContainer() {
}
private final static String TYPE_VALUE = "Communication Activity";
private final static String CUSTOM_TASK_ID = "org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.Communication Activity";

@Override
public String getId(EObject object) {
EStructuralFeature f = ModelUtil.getAnyAttribute(object, "type");
if (f!=null) {
Object id = object.eGet(f);
if (TYPE_VALUE.equals(id))
return CUSTOM_TASK_ID;
}
return null;
}}
And for the Tool definition
<tool
name="communication">
<object
type="Task[$type=&apos;communication Activity&apos;]">
</object>
</tool>
But not working

Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1728721 is a reply to message #1726115] Wed, 06 April 2016 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert
Is there any solution exists for the problem of Extended Elements into tool Palette
thanks
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1728790 is a reply to message #1728721] Thu, 07 April 2016 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm not sure what you mean by "not working"...is the task not showing up in the tool palette?
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1730517 is a reply to message #1728790] Tue, 26 April 2016 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mechim Aicha is currently offline Mechim AichaFriend
hi,

I have the same problem. I want to extend a pattern by adding an extended Custom Task ( exactly a participant). here is the code for more details:
<toolPalette
             id="org.bpmn2.modeler.toolpalette.my.full"
             profile="Full"
             runtimeId="org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.customtask.runtime1">
			<category    id="category1"  name="category1"  >
				<tool   name="Pattern">
					<object type="Participant[$name='part1']" id="part1.id"  />
					<object type="Participant[$name='part2']" id="part2.id" />					
				</tool>
			</category>
	  </toolPalette>

i didn't know if there is a solution to resolve this problem.

thanks in advance
Re: Add a new workflow pattern [message #1730580 is a reply to message #1730517] Tue, 26 April 2016 21:06 Go to previous message

See bug report https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=488792 mentioned above...

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2016 21:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:NoClassDefFoundError DefaultBpmn2RuntimeExtension$RootElementParser - after update to 1.2.3
Next Topic:add a new workflow pattern bpmn 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:16:30 GMT 2024