Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Severe bug in Profile Diagram
Severe bug in Profile Diagram [message #1724393] Tue, 23 February 2016 15:44 Go to next message
Marc-Florian Wendland is currently offline Marc-Florian WendlandFriend
Hi all,

while working with Mars, I encountered a severe (really) bug in the Profile Diagram of Papyrus. It is not possible to establish associations (using the Palette entry) that route from a Stereotype to a Metaclass.

Would someone please confirm this bug. I will then file a critical bug at Bugzilla.

Best,
Marc-Florian
Re: Severe bug in Profile Diagram [message #1724503 is a reply to message #1724393] Wed, 24 February 2016 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Marc-Florian,

Indeed, this is not possible (Neither from Diagram or ModelExplorer). The only way to achieve this is by cheating a little bit with the semantic model (e.g. creating another association, then changing the type of one of the member ends).

The bug also exists on Neon

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Severe bug in Profile Diagram [message #1724510 is a reply to message #1724503] Wed, 24 February 2016 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

so this is known and also filed in Bugzilla?

Is it not intended to fix this bug in Mars SR1? In my opinion, being not able to easily develop UML profiles with Papyrus is a very critical issue.

Your suggestion (we already did so) is feasible but not endurable.

Best regards,
Marc-Florian
Re: Severe bug in Profile Diagram [message #1724519 is a reply to message #1724510] Wed, 24 February 2016 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
so this is known and also filed in Bugzilla?

No; I didn't see it reported in Bugzilla. I simply verified that I could reproduce the issue on both Mars and Neon

Quote:
Is it not intended to fix this bug in Mars SR1? In my opinion, being not able to easily develop UML profiles with Papyrus is a very critical issue.

Mars SR1 was in September last year, and SR2 has been built last week (To be released on Friday), so it's too late as well. A fix would have to wait until either 1.1.5 (Which is not scheduled yet) or 2.0 (In June)

Quote:
Your suggestion (we already did so) is feasible but not endurable.

Sure; it's a dirty workaround, nothing more

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Severe bug in Profile Diagram [message #1725027 is a reply to message #1724519] Mon, 29 February 2016 08:07 Go to previous message
Bug filed: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=488668

Previous Topic:Serialized UML sequence diagram issue
Next Topic:[CSS] debug view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:37:40 GMT 2024