Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » TITAN on Cygwin(TITAN Installation problem on Cygwin)
TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724383] Tue, 23 February 2016 14:00 Go to next message
Naum Spaseski is currently offline Naum SpaseskiFriend

Hello,

I tried to install TITAN Eclipse with Cygwin on Windows. I followed the tutorial on YouTube for Cygwin (https:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=6CKxOhZt7Gg), and the readme on GitHub (https:// github .com/eclipse/titan.core/blob/master/README.cygwin), but with no success until now. When I try to compile the TITAN executables, it gives me errors like "'fd_set' does not have a type". That leads me to think that the communicating layer between Windows and Cygwin isn't well configured, or, for example, some Cygwin packages are missing (and I can't figure which). I am using the latest versions of Cygwin (CYGWIN_NT-10.0 DESKTOP-R8L521R 2.4.1(0.293/5/3) 2016-01-24 11:26 x86_64 Cygwin) and TITAN (latest version from GitHub repository, master branch).

On the other side, the Linux version runs very nicely, but as we need it on Windows, we have to use Cygwin (that's what I am trying to do now) , or eventually fall back to a Linux virtual machine.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I had to break the links with spaces between in order to send the post because it's my first post on eclipse forums.
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724483 is a reply to message #1724383] Wed, 24 February 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Naum,

due to licensing conflicts we cannot distribute Cygwin builds on the Eclipse infrastructure. However I believe the fastest way to get started is the following:
pls. contact me on my company e-mail and we'll build a Titan on Cygwin for you.

Meanwhile a coworker will take over this thread and try to figure out what went wrong with your build. Most likely some library is missing from Cygwin, but this is only my guess. We have hundreds of Cygwin users so I'm sure we can find a solution to this.

Best regards
Elemer

Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724486 is a reply to message #1724483] Wed, 24 February 2016 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Elemer,

I think that I found what may be blocking me from compiling TITAN on Cygwin. The problem was in the file Port.cc/Port.hh. The library that contains the fd_set type is not imported in the file, thus causing the problem. The solution is simple, just add "#include <sys/select.h>" in the beginning of the file(s), and everything will compile without errors. Preferably, we have to add a macro testing for Cygwin compatibility, because under Ubuntu the code as it is now, compiles without errors. A simple macro like this will do the job (I didn't verify if the variables are correct):

#if defined(__CYGWIN__) && !defined(_WIN32)
#include <sys/select.h>
#endif

I didn't create a proper bug report or a Pull request until now, but if you need it, I can do it.

Best regards,
Naum.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 08:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724515 is a reply to message #1724486] Wed, 24 February 2016 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Naum,

thank you for your feedback; Weird thing is this did not pop up yet in our build attempts; maybe it has to do with your Cygwin version;
however we will add this to the code and it will also appear in the github at the next update.

Best regards

Elemer
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724811 is a reply to message #1724515] Fri, 26 February 2016 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Elemer,

Thank you for the fast response.

Today, after using normally TITAN for three days under Cygwin, I have noticed a small bug. It isn't blocking for instance, everything works fine (it's not urgent, I just wanted to report it). The only thing I notice is a error in the Error Log in Eclipse with the message "The path:`' could not be converted", in the org.eclipse.titan.common package. Actually, from my little research (I can't debug it, I don't have the tools at the moment), the method convert() from this file (https: //github .com/eclipse/titan.EclipsePlug-ins/blob/master/org.eclipse.titan.common/src/org/eclipse/titan/common/path/PathConverter.java) sends the error message, but I didn't found the origin of the bug.

I have to mention that the Cygwin TITAN path is already in place, with every press of the button (check compiler version, check syntax..) it executes the corresponding task, but also shows the message.

Thanks in advance,
Naum.
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1724821 is a reply to message #1724811] Fri, 26 February 2016 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Naum ,

thanks for the feedback, I'll open an internal trouble report .

Best regards

Elemer

Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1725720 is a reply to message #1724821] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Elemer,

Today I saw your commit to Titan with my suggestion. Thank you for correcting it.
But now, with the latest commit I have the same problem, but in another file, this time in core/Event_Handler.hh. When I add the same line ("#include <sys/select.h"> in that file, everything compiles again. I tested all the combinations, Cygwin without the modification, Cygwin with the modification, Ubuntu without the modification and Ubuntu with the modification, and only in the case of Cygwin without the modification there are errors in compilation.

I understand that this must be something linked to my configuration, but 2 times having the same problem is very strange.

Best regards,
Naum.
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1725735 is a reply to message #1725720] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Naum,

that is weird; I'm sorry for any inconvenience;

We will investigate and I'll come back to you.

Best regards
Elemer

Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1725924 is a reply to message #1725735] Tue, 08 March 2016 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi Naum,

you are right, the line
#include <sys/select.h>
shall be inserted in file core/Event_Handler.hh, in line 12.
The reason was the change of the cygwin source. We have fixed the problem and we deliver the bug fixed version tomorrow morning.

Best regards
Jeno Attila Balasko
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1725925 is a reply to message #1725924] Tue, 08 March 2016 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

PS: Thank you for your feedback, it was really important!
BR
Jeno
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1801652 is a reply to message #1724483] Thu, 24 January 2019 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilesh Punwantwar is currently offline Nilesh PunwantwarFriend
Hi Elemer,

we are facing an issue in the installation of eclipse titan.
please provide your mail id to connect with you.

Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh

Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1801903 is a reply to message #1801652] Tue, 29 January 2019 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nilesh,

please explain what issue you are facing and we will try to help.

Best regards
Elemer
Re: TITAN on Cygwin [message #1802650 is a reply to message #1724483] Wed, 13 February 2019 10:12 Go to previous message
Reepandeep  Kaur is currently offline Reepandeep KaurFriend
Hii Elemer

I am not getting the compiler on the path

showing as The version of the compiler could not be determined

given path is

C/cygwin/home/A/install

Regards
Reepandeep kaur
Previous Topic:Repeat the execution of the test cases until terminated manually
Next Topic:ASN.1 PER encoding of EUTRA_RRC_ASN1_Definitions.asn ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:05:25 GMT 2024