Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Teneo,Texo] Migrate from Teneo to Texo
[Teneo,Texo] Migrate from Teneo to Texo [message #1724229] Mon, 22 February 2016 11:56 Go to next message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hi,

we are evaluating Texo to be able to use Spring Data (Rest). Currently we are using Teneo and after some hours of playing around with Texo I'm asking myself about the best way to migrate from Teneo to Texo.

We have several annotations in our Ecore model to configure teneo. I migrated most of the teneo.jpa annotations to Texo (using ORM annotations within the Texo annotations model). Using the default Texo model with the generated JPA annotations, there are a lot of differences in the generated tables, columns aso.

Do you have any suggestions on how to migrate from Teneo to Texo? Or any pitfalls I might run into?

Cheers,
Andreas
Re: [Teneo,Texo] Migrate from Teneo to Texo [message #1724305 is a reply to message #1724229] Mon, 22 February 2016 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hey Andreas,
The structure of tables should be similar if you choose the same inheritance mapping strategy. I guess the table and column naming can be different, but still many things should be similar as you use the same ecore model (I guess). Can you give some examples of differences?

Some idea I get from your post, it can for example be interesting to add a Teneo naming logic for Texo. But before I jump to conclusions, let's see what differences you encounter.

gr. Martin
Re: [Teneo,Texo] Migrate from Teneo to Texo [message #1729805 is a reply to message #1724305] Tue, 19 April 2016 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hey Martin,

first of all: thank you for the quick response and sorry for my delay. I had some busy weeks but now I'm working again on the topic.

With "differences in the generated tables" I basically meant table and column names. For example, if I call the texo action "Generate JPA Annotated Model Code" I end up with explicit entity names like @Entity(name = "nsPrefix_FooClass") for a class called FooClass. Of course I could now add @Entity/@Table annotations in the annotations model but being able to specify a default strategy would be great I guess.

Regards,
Andreas
Re: [Teneo,Texo] Migrate from Teneo to Texo [message #1729839 is a reply to message #1729805] Tue, 19 April 2016 12:45 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Andreas,
This prefixing is done because by default texo does unique naming. Can you try it with unchecking the unique naming option:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo/ORM_JPA_Options
There is also an epackage orm annotation to control this and things like uppercased or lowercased names. By setting the epackage orm annotation in a specific way you can try to prevent differences as much as possible.

gr. Martin
Previous Topic:[Edapt] Proxy related issues on deserialization
Next Topic:[EMFForms] Forms integration with Problems View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:37:58 GMT 2024