Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Installing Scenebuilder?
Installing Scenebuilder? [message #1723870] Thu, 18 February 2016 16:02 Go to next message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
I'm trying to learn how to use FXML in Eclipse via a tutorial at http://www.korecky.org/?p=678 but I'm having trouble figuring out how to associate an .fxml file with SceneBuilder. The instructions in that tutorial are for older versions of Eclipse but I am running 4.5.1 (Mars). I don't see an option for SceneBuilder in my installation.

Is SceneBuilder integrated into the Eclipse for EE Mars build? If not, what do I have to do to install it?
Re: Installing Scenebuilder? [message #1723946 is a reply to message #1723870] Fri, 19 February 2016 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi Reinhardt,

I am using Eclipse Mars SR1 with the e(fx)clipse tooling installed. With e(fx)clipse I get a "Open with SceneBuilder" entry in the context menu when I right-click an FXML file.
SceneBuilder is installed as a separate application on my system. This works out of the box for me, but you might need to set the path to SceneBuilder in Preferences > JavaFX.

Cheers,
Christoph
Re: Installing Scenebuilder? [message #1726845 is a reply to message #1723946] Wed, 16 March 2016 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Christoph!

I tried right-clicking on my FXML file and it complained that I needed to set the path to Scenebuilder in my preferences; I checked and that path is blank.

I have no idea where to look for it. Will it already be on my system as a result of installing Mars 4.5.1? If so, do you have any idea what the executable is called and where it might be located on my computer?

Or do I need to install it separately? If so, where do I find the latest version so that I can install it?

[Sorry for the long delay in following up; I got side-tracked on other things.]
Re: Installing Scenebuilder? [message #1726866 is a reply to message #1726845] Thu, 17 March 2016 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
SceneBuilder is not part of e(fx)clipse as it is a third-party application that can be run standalone. e(fx)clipse has a connection to a installation on your file system. IIRC SceneBuilder is now provided by Gluon and not by Oracle directly anymore.

http://gluonhq.com/open-source/scene-builder/
Re: Installing Scenebuilder? [message #1726975 is a reply to message #1726866] Thu, 17 March 2016 21:25 Go to previous message
Thank you, Dirk. I'm downloading it as I speak....

I didn't realize it was now a separate product.
Previous Topic:Plug-in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared was unable to load class
Next Topic:Can a JavaFX program run in JWS and access a database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:32:33 GMT 2024