Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to reference available methods of a JvmTypeReference (Xbase)
How to reference available methods of a JvmTypeReference (Xbase) [message #1723598] Tue, 16 February 2016 17:28 Go to next message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
How do you write a grammar (plus, presumably, a bit of custom scoping) which can reference first a JvmTypeReference (that's easy and works) and then any of the methods available on (only) that type?

I've attempted this in https://github.com/vorburger/xtext-sandbox/blob/master/JvmType/ch.vorburger.xtext.sandbox.learnjvmtype/src/ch/vorburger/xtext/sandbox/LearnJvmType.xtext like this:

ServiceCall:
'call' type=JvmTypeReference method=XFeatureCall;

but I'm clearly completely not getting it yet.. as above allows e.g. 'call java.lang.String startsWith("pre")' but I don't think that 'startsWith()' is really recognized as a method of String yet - it allows just about anything there (and does not offer auto completion for it).

How do you do this right? Do I really want method=XFeatureCall, or another Xtype there? What does the scope provider to "propose the methods of the type=JvmTypeReference" in the method=XFeatureCall look like, roughly?

PS: I'm also not as clear as I'd like to be between a) type=JvmTypeReference (which seems to work) vs. b) type=[jvmTypes::JvmType|QualifiedName] - if all you want is to be able to refer to a Java class, then b) is probably more suitable in this case?

PPS: The ultimate goal is to then write an JvmModelInferrer which would turn this into something like a 'class Test { @Inject 'type class here' 'lower class type here'; void example() { 'lower class type here'.'method here' }
Re: How to reference available methods of a JvmTypeReference (Xbase) [message #1723623 is a reply to message #1723598] Tue, 16 February 2016 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi,

did you consider a straight forward inferrer?

Model:
	calls+=ServiceCall*;

ServiceCall:
'call' type=JvmTypeReference method=XRestrictedFeatureCall;

XRestrictedFeatureCall returns xbase::XExpression:
	{xbase::XFeatureCall}
	('<' typeArguments+=JvmArgumentTypeReference (',' typeArguments+=JvmArgumentTypeReference)* '>')? 
	feature=[types::JvmIdentifiableElement|IdOrSuper] 
	(=>explicitOperationCall?='(' 
		(
		    featureCallArguments+=XShortClosure
		  |	featureCallArguments+=XExpression (',' featureCallArguments+=XExpression)*
		)? 
	')');

def dispatch void infer(Model element, IJvmDeclaredTypeAcceptor acceptor, boolean isPreIndexingPhase) {
		acceptor.accept(element.toClass("demo.Demo")) [
			var i = 0;
			for (call : element.calls) {
				i = i + 1
				members += call.toField("field"+i, call.type.cloneWithProxies) [
					annotations += Inject.annotationRef()
				]

val m1 = call.toMethod("executeIntern"+i, inferredType) [
					visibility = JvmVisibility.PRIVATE
					parameters+=call.toParameter("it", call.type.cloneWithProxies) => [

]
					body = call.method
				]
				members += m1

val ifinal = i
				members += call.toMethod("execute"+i, call.method.inferredType) [
					body = '''
					«IF m1.returnType.qualifiedName != Void.TYPE.typeRef.qualifiedName»return «ENDIF»executeIntern«ifinal»(field«ifinal»);'''
				]
			}
		]
	}

(very very naive impl)

you may do some customization to remove stuff like this from the scope

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: https://www.itemis.com/en/it-services/methods-and-tools/xtext
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to reference available methods of a JvmTypeReference (Xbase) [message #1723840 is a reply to message #1723623] Thu, 18 February 2016 11:35 Go to previous message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
Christian you've helped me tremendously - thank you very very much!

> you may do some customization to remove stuff like this from the scope

yep - FYI I've managed to successfully do so in https://github.com/vorburger/xtext-sandbox/blob/master/JvmType/ch.vorburger.xtext.sandbox.learnjvmtype/src/ch/vorburger/xtext/sandbox/scoping/LearnJvmTypeScopeProvider.xtend !

One question: What would be REALLY cool would be if this scoping would also already propose the '(' and suitable proposed arguments for the feature call (method), you know just like how it does in Java / Xtend? Where does that come from / how would one do that? Or is that not the IScopeProvider's role anymore, but would need customization of Content Assist *ProposalProvider .. given that Xtend already does this, do you know if there an easy way to "steal" (bind to) that from it?

Now onward to what I actually really want to do with this.. I'll post again! Wink
Previous Topic:Running ParsingTest in intellij
Next Topic:Cross-references with alias
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 20 22:14:55 GMT 2021