Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Resource problem in EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor(Resource problem in EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor)
Resource problem in EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor [message #1723487] Tue, 16 February 2016 06:31 Go to next message
Ken Mersado is currently offline Ken MersadoFriend
Hi All,

I have a problem regarding the EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor. To start with, i have implemented two editors (EMF Generated and Graphiti) separate for my models. My models can be opened in both editors and should show updates when modified from each editor.

Both editors are working fine when the other is not opened. But when the two editor is up for the same model, my problem arose. When modifying from EMF Generated editor, the Graphiti editor throws a "Illegal State Exception: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction" error.

I know that the updating of the resource should be wrap around a transaction, but i don't have any idea how to do it. Both editors should somehow sync each others changes (save or unsaved).

Any thoughts on this guys?
Re: Resource problem in EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor [message #1724372 is a reply to message #1723487] Tue, 23 February 2016 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2016 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resource problem in EMF Generated and Graphiti Editor [message #1724373 is a reply to message #1723487] Tue, 23 February 2016 12:04 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Ken,

the Graphiti editor will react on resource changes (modify something in the EMF editor and then save); it will simply redraw the diagram based on the new content of the EMF resources. This will happen inside the refresh logic of the diagram editor. Usually there is no need to modify anything during the refresh, so I do wonder which modifications happen here so that this exception is thrown. Could you share a stacktrace?

Michael
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] How to change the selection border color and thickness
Next Topic:Problem due to commit 4364ec2 (EmfService.isisObjectAlive)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:06:36 GMT 2024