Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF Runtime Tutorial(Is there a comprehensive tuorial/documentation on GMF Runtime?)
GMF Runtime Tutorial [message #1723349] Sun, 14 February 2016 22:46 Go to next message
Barr Taiwo is currently offline Barr TaiwoFriend
Hi,
Could some one link me to a comprehensive tutorial or documentation of GMF Runtime?
Surprisingly, I have searched the web and I have not been able to find one.

Thanks in advance.
Re: GMF Runtime Tutorial [message #1723416 is a reply to message #1723349] Mon, 15 February 2016 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ángel Moreno is currently offline Ángel MorenoFriend
Hi Barr Taiwo,

The unique reliable information source is the book "Eclipse Modeling Project: A Domain-Specific Language (DSL) Toolkit", the GMF Eclipse Forum, and the Examples includes as a part of the Plug-ins...

Cheers,

Ángel Moreno Pérez
Enterprise Architect
El Corte Inglés, Madrid, Spain
Re: GMF Runtime Tutorial [message #1723420 is a reply to message #1723416] Mon, 15 February 2016 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ángel for your prompt response.
I'll try to get the book and consume it.
By the way, you mention also the examples included in the plug-in. Do you mean the GMF Runtime plug-in is accompanied by some examples? If yes, please how can I locate them in my IDE?
Thanks once again.
Re: GMF Runtime Tutorial [message #1723421 is a reply to message #1723420] Mon, 15 February 2016 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ángel Moreno is currently offline Ángel MorenoFriend
Hi Barr,

In the source code of the GMF Runtime plug-ins you have examples, but I never explore it in depth. Use the git extension for Eclipse to download the source code from the repository org.eclipse.gmf-runtime and explore and study the internal code in your Eclipse distribution...

Here is the Web Explorer URL for the .git repository:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/gmf-runtime/org.eclipse.gmf-runtime.git/tree/

Cheers,

Ángel Moreno Pérez
Enterprise Architect
El Corte Inglés, Madrid, Spain

[Updated on: Mon, 15 February 2016 14:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GMF Runtime Tutorial [message #1723436 is a reply to message #1723421] Mon, 15 February 2016 16:36 Go to previous message
Ok. Thanks.
Previous Topic:How to remove corners of the EditPartFigure (which appears when selected)
Next Topic:Adding instances in runtime from another diagram editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:57:03 GMT 2024