Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UML Model Import(Importing activity digram)
UML Model Import [message #1723178] Fri, 12 February 2016 11:26 Go to next message
Muhammad Kashif is currently offline Muhammad KashifFriend
Hi,

Is there any way to import an activity diagram inside SysML Block.

Activity is there in separate project to that of block.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Re: UML Model Import [message #1723181 is a reply to message #1723178] Fri, 12 February 2016 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
HI Muhammad
From your model with blocks you import the "activity model" (right click from root element of model explorer>import)
Then you can reference your activity from block through the property view (property main classifier behaviour).

Hope it helps
Raphaël
Re: UML Model Import [message #1723191 is a reply to message #1723181] Fri, 12 February 2016 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response..

when I right click on block (in model explorer) in which I want to import the activity there are no option of "import activity" there.

Did yu mean I need to import the whole model, which contains that activity model, and then drag it inside the block from model explorer, and set the classifier behavior of activity,, Is it Right?

Thanks
Re: UML Model Import [message #1723209 is a reply to message #1723191] Fri, 12 February 2016 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
and set the classifier behavior of activity,, Is it Right?

Classifiers must own their Classifier Behavior, so this looks like a bad idea. Each Behavior (Activity) can have only one owner

If you want to reuse an Activity, you need to rely on CallBehavior actions: Create a new Activity in your Block, specify it as ClassifierBehavior, then create a CallBehaviorAction in this activity, and reference the imported Activity

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: UML Model Import [message #1723219 is a reply to message #1723209] Fri, 12 February 2016 14:51 Go to previous message
I mean I Import an activity(by activity I mean to import the whole project file as there is no way to import one diagram from the project) in my model, then drag activity from the imported project inside the block and set this activity as block's classifier behavior, Now is t right or do I need o use call behavior action still??

Thanks
Previous Topic:UML Profile and Activity Diagram
Next Topic:Papyrus Java code generation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:57:06 GMT 2024