Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Memory Analyzer for Embedded C projects
Memory Analyzer for Embedded C projects [message #1723038] Thu, 11 February 2016 08:29 Go to next message
Djordje Stojicevic is currently offline Djordje StojicevicFriend
Hi all,

I know I might be at the wrong place, still this is the best place I found to pose this question.

What I need basically is a plugin for Eclipse that is able to analyze RAM of C Embedded project. What I want to do (or make) is a plugin that can dump my RAM automatically on some time interval, or if there is a change in some variable in RAM.

As I understand your plugin is meant for Java, but as I see it is extensible, so answers to 2 questions would be of a great help to me:

1) is there such RAM analyzer (I searched but havent found anything useful)?

2) is it possible to extend your Analyzer in such a way, or this is something what it is completely out of the scope of your plugin?

Thanks in advance
Re: Memory Analyzer for Embedded C projects [message #1725131 is a reply to message #1723038] Tue, 01 March 2016 07:03 Go to previous message
Krishna R is currently offline Krishna RFriend
Yes, this is not the right place I think.

Better way to put your requirement is a tool to aid analyzing native memory dump (and not RAM).

This project is about analyzing java heap dump., which is of structured format with well-defined boundaries and Metadata about content held in the memory.

Native memory can have no structure which is required to have such a tool. People walk the native memory dump using a native debugger (windbg, gdb, mdb , dbx) using strenuous techniques. However if you own the project code you can implement your data structures in a way you can build your own memory analyzer. Of course there's a quite a bit of development and maintenance cost to build this infrastructure and tools in your application (eclipse mat is however not the tool for it)
Previous Topic:retained of linkedhashmap does not include values?
Next Topic:Will us support Android format hprof dump in the furture?(version 1.0.3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:27:25 GMT 2024