Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » When I am launching native exe of media application in tutorial 3 throwing exception(exporting media application using Eclipse product export feature)
When I am launching native exe of media application in tutorial 3 throwing exception [message #1722900] Wed, 10 February 2016 08:38 Go to next message
Pavanesh Netrakar is currently offline Pavanesh NetrakarFriend
I could able to run and export exe from media application which is created following https://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Tutorials/Tutorial3 tutorial

Application clearly works in IDE. Export product also succeeded.
But when I am launching exe , it is throwing the exception in workspace/.metadata/.log (please find it in the attachment)

If I copy org.eclipse.e4.workbench folder from my runtime workspace (which is created by launching in IDE) to exported exe's workspace/.metadata/plugins folder then our media application launches properly.

I am using Eclipse mars and e(fx)clipse version is 2.2.0

Any idea on this? Any suggestions are welcome : Confused

I would prefer exporting using Eclipse product (export) wizard than maven and other building methods. As I have to integrate it with legacy building process later.

• Attachment: .log
    (Size: 55.05KB, Downloaded 107 times)
Re: When I am launching native exe of media application in tutorial 3 throwing exception [message #1722902 is a reply to message #1722900] Wed, 10 February 2016 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
So your log holds org.eclipse.ui.workbench, ...swt stuff! This totally
makes no sense. Did you really setup a custom target platform?

In general i think the generated sample should be revised to use our
base features, file a bug for that.

Tom

On 10.02.16 09:38, Pavanesh Netrakar wrote:
> I could able to run and export exe from media application which is created following https://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Tutorials/Tutorial3 tutorial
>
> Application clearly works in IDE. Export product also succeeded.
> But when I am launching exe , it is throwing the exception in workspace/.metadata/.log (please find it in the attachment)
>
> If I copy org.eclipse.e4.workbench folder from my runtime workspace (which is created by launching in IDE) to exported exe's workspace/.metadata/plugins folder then our media application launches properly.
>
> I am using Eclipse mars and e(fx)clipse version is 2.2.0
>
> Any idea on this? Any suggestions are welcome : :?
>
> I would prefer exporting using Eclipse product (export) wizard than maven and other building methods. As I have to integrate it with legacy building process later.
>
>
>
Re: When I am launching native exe of media application in tutorial 3 throwing exception [message #1722910 is a reply to message #1722902] Wed, 10 February 2016 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavanesh Netrakar is currently offline Pavanesh NetrakarFriend
My mistake it was I combined with some target which was required by me.
Now created plain FX target and exported the exe. But still has the same issue. It works well when I manually copy org.eclipse.e4.workbench folder from runtime-product folder.
Please find the log in the attached file

Shall I raise a bug?

Thanks
-Pavanesh
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 3.24KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: When I am launching native exe of media application in tutorial 3 throwing exception [message #1722911 is a reply to message #1722910] Wed, 10 February 2016 09:38 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
So most likely that is missing in the feature.xml? And yes please raise
a bug.

Tom

On 10.02.16 10:37, Pavanesh Netrakar wrote:
> My mistake it was I combined with some target which was required by me.
> Now created plain FX target and exported the exe. But still has the same issue. It works well when I manually copy org.eclipse.e4.workbench folder from runtime-product folder.
> Please find the log in the attached file
>
> Shall I raise a bug?
>
> Thanks
> -Pavanesh
>
Previous Topic:Native launcher for windows build (maven-tycho + ant) is not working for e4 OSGI application
Next Topic:Replacing ISaveHandler default implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:07:49 GMT 2024