Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » forte bind error(forte error)
forte bind error [message #1722762] Mon, 08 February 2016 22:02 Go to next message
meon eclipse is currently offline meon eclipseFriend
Hello,

I am getting WSA Error 10013 when running forte on windows 8. I got the error code by printing out the return value WSAGetLastError(). Additionally, I figured that only some ports like 61499, 61500, 61501 give this error. If I run forte on a port like 60000, 20000, the sockets are successfully created. I have also used the netsh show command to see if there was an exclusive right on the ports above, but there was no exception for the ports above. Previously I was able to solve this problem by just restarting the computer, but now I can't even do that.

Does someone know about this problem?

Attached image of the error. It says no error, but the error is really 10013 which I got by debugging forte.

Thank you.
Re: forte bind error [message #1722876 is a reply to message #1722762] Tue, 09 February 2016 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

my knowledge on Windows is rather thin. I did a quick google search on the error code. Some people are reporting that it could be from a firewall or anti-virus software. I also saw one report that Windows Defender could cause the problem.

I hope this helps.

Alois
Re: forte bind error [message #1722877 is a reply to message #1722876] Tue, 09 February 2016 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meon eclipse is currently offline meon eclipseFriend
Hi, Thank you for the response. I have tried turning both the firewall and anti-virus (including windows defender) software off, but the problem seems to be something else. There was a discussion on the some ports being marked as exclusive for other programs, but this does not seem to be the case either. I have also tried booting in safe mode, but that does not help either. Anyway, at least it seems like a problem on just my pc (if not windows 8 ). And how tragic for one of the bad ports to be 61499...

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2016 21:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forte bind error [message #1723505 is a reply to message #1722877] Tue, 16 February 2016 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Very strange. Anybody seen similar problems? Is it Windows 8 specific?
Re: forte bind error [message #1723977 is a reply to message #1723505] Fri, 19 February 2016 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
You could check that the port is not being used by another program. In the command window run

netstat -aon | find "61499"

(with quotes) to see if the port if being used. If yes, the last column is the PID of the process that is using it. Then execute

tasklist | find "[PID]"

(with quoutes) and replace [PID] with the number you found with the first command. That will give you the name of the process using the port.

If it's not needed, kill the process and try again forte. If you want to kill it but it doesn't work, try the command

DON'T KILL ANYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW!! MIGHT CAUSE ERRORS IN YOUR PC

taskkill /pid [PID] /f /t

Again [PID] should be replace by the number found before. the /f command force to kill and /t will kill all its child process

Re: forte bind error [message #1728001 is a reply to message #1723977] Wed, 30 March 2016 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Even though I posted a possible solution, I didn't have the problem back then. After a while I got the problem, applied my own solution and it didn't work. The binding returned the error 10013 (WSAEACCES), but actually the port wasn't in use.

This problem is apparently not because the port is already used, but because of permissions issues.

This post

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21791436/wseacces-error-binding-to-socket-on-windows-server-2008

helped me, and in my case the Internet Connection Sharing service wasn't running, at least I didn't find it, but my problem was that my LAN interface was set to allow sharing the internet connection to other network. Even though the other network wasn't on, the problem dissapeared when I unchecked the internet sharing option.

So, in case someone has a problem with binding in FORTE, try to turn off everything related to internet sharing.
Re: forte bind error [message #1772274 is a reply to message #1728001] Thu, 07 September 2017 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Melik Merkumians is currently offline Martin Melik MerkumiansFriend
I still have issues with FORTE binding on port 61499 on Windows
Netstat -a shows no application with this port running. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Martin
Re: forte bind error [message #1772278 is a reply to message #1772274] Thu, 07 September 2017 12:20 Go to previous message
Martin Melik Merkumians is currently offline Martin Melik MerkumiansFriend
Nevermind, Internet Connection sharing was the culprit

Thanks
Previous Topic:Connecting OPCUA server with Client (UaExpert)
Next Topic:OPC UA in 4DiAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:21:02 GMT 2024