Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use
Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use [message #1722615] Sat, 06 February 2016 23:02 Go to next message
Stefan Häusler is currently offline Stefan HäuslerFriend
Hello there,

when developing an E4 application that uses also a workspace, it seems to be possible to only start one application at a time. Each time when trying to start a second instance, some error dialog is opened.

My question would be, whether it is possible to customize the message within this error dialog as this message is rather unspecific for our customers.

Is this somehow possible?

Many thanks in advance,
Stefan
Re: Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use [message #1722616 is a reply to message #1722615] Sat, 06 February 2016 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Stefan,

I performed a search in the source code for the Title of the window, and I found title and message are defined in the "message.properties" of the "org.eclipse.ui.ide" project

So, I think the easy way is just to edit the text in the message.properties . See image below

index.php/fa/24912/0/

Regards
Patrik
Re: Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use [message #1722628 is a reply to message #1722616] Sun, 07 February 2016 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Häusler is currently offline Stefan HäuslerFriend
Hello,

thanks for your fast answer.

This is unfortunately not the messages, i am talking about. In out pure E4 application, the mentioned plugin is not even existing within out Target Platform.

Its more a "Workspace can not b locked" messages etc pp

Thanks,
Stefan
Re: Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use [message #1722639 is a reply to message #1722628] Sun, 07 February 2016 17:20 Go to previous message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Stefan,

I am sure it is possible, but I can't search your source code. You have to find yourself the class responsible for the message, intercept the dialog open and change the message text.

IIUC this is a startup dialog - If so you can not use the Eclipse Spies to find the responsible class.

So my suggestion is to do the same I did: search for the exact string in source code, find the plugin responsible for this, and edit the plugin source.

You could also ask on IRC or Mattermost.

Regards.
/patrik
Previous Topic:Unresolved requirement issues when migrating from Eclipse 3.7 to 4.5
Next Topic:Updating maven project in eclipse with new maven archetype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:49:23 GMT 2024