Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Column group header problem(I have a problem trying to identify column groups with the same name)
Column group header problem [message #1722516] Fri, 05 February 2016 11:43 Go to next message
Petrila Sergiu is currently offline Petrila SergiuFriend
Hello. I was hoping you could help me out with some guidance regarding the column groups in the NatTable (ColumnGroupHeaderLayer and ColumnGroupGroupHeaderLayer). For the first level it is easy to identify the columns and make sure they are not the same just by having the same name(we use the index), but for the 2nd and 3rd level it's tricky because the ColumnGroupHeaderLayer and ColumnGroupGroupHeaderLayer identify their column group by name.

I have 3 levels of columns, where we have column groups(2nd level) with the same name, under different group groups(3rd level). And whenever i have this case, it shows funny on the UI (for the first 3rd level which contains the duplicated groups on the 2nd one, the columns appear, but that is not the case for the next groups). Plus sometimes the columns on the second level overlap. I know the explanation is quite foggy, so i even made up a sketch of what my problem is.

index.php/fa/24906/0/

Thank you very much, and sorry if i was not specific enough.
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 11.92KB, Downloaded 757 times)
Re: Column group header problem [message #1722535 is a reply to message #1722516] Fri, 05 February 2016 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Having a quick look it seems your requirement does not work with the current implementation of the column groups. The ColumnGroupHeader operates on the column groups by name, so the names need to be unique with the current implementation.

IMHO the column group mechanism needs to be reworked completely.
Re: Column group header problem [message #1722539 is a reply to message #1722535] Fri, 05 February 2016 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Petrila Sergiu is currently offline Petrila SergiuFriend
Thank you for your answer! We will try creating our own group mechanism somehow, which has a unique identifier. Please let me know whether you want me to send you the result if we get there, because we would like to contribute as much as we can, and give back to the community. Thank you!
Re: Column group header problem [message #1722544 is a reply to message #1722539] Fri, 05 February 2016 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
For sure. AFAICS the main issue is the API to register column groups. Because it overrides already existing groups instead of creating new ones. If the API is extended to provide a different approach additionally, it should be easy to fix and to contribute. Although for multi-level column grouping there is a lot more to do.
Re: Column group header problem [message #1814976 is a reply to message #1722544] Mon, 23 September 2019 15:35 Go to previous message
krishna kalvakuri is currently offline krishna kalvakuriFriend
Any Ideas on Column Group Header with Tree?
Previous Topic:EPL v2
Next Topic:Misbehaving two-level column groups
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:24:15 GMT 2024