Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » ATL transformation rules (String to numbers )
ATL transformation rules [message #1722424] Thu, 04 February 2016 17:58 Go to next message
Lujain AlDakheel is currently offline Lujain AlDakheelFriend
Dear Eclipse Members,

currently, i'm working on a MMT project and actually i faced some difficulties on the rules and specifications.

i have a class on the Source metamodel which have only one attribute "Name", when the user create an instances from these class i need it to be list of numbers in the corresponding model with commas between them. for example the user create an instance "Mark" and another instance "Steve" ...etc. i need a rule that transform each name to a number "ordered" and print it as a text in the target model. my target model have only one class which is text containing 3 attributes, 2 of them with default values and the last one must contain a list of numbers for each name from the source model.

any idea?
i was thinking of defining a getID() helper and call it for the target attribute in the main rule but the thing is how to make it as a loop?

i'm a beginner in MMt and ATL rules, your help will be appreciated
Re: ATL transformation rules [message #1722564 is a reply to message #1722424] Fri, 05 February 2016 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lujain AlDakheel is currently offline Lujain AlDakheelFriend
anyone please?
Re: ATL transformation rules [message #1725107 is a reply to message #1722564] Mon, 29 February 2016 20:24 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Ok, can you specify exactly what you want in your favorite programming language? We may then help you express that in ATL.

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:[ATL] Empty XML Output
Next Topic:Create Tree out of a List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:41:57 GMT 2024