Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » No content in eclipse variables
No content in eclipse variables [message #1722356] Thu, 04 February 2016 09:35 Go to next message
Axel Thor Asthorsson is currently offline Axel Thor AsthorssonFriend
Hi

I have had no luck in using workspace or project variables such as ${project_loc} ${workspace_loc} etc. They always end up empty.

For instance the following code.

<config><drop/>
<param key='teststuff' value='${project_loc}'/>
<param key='srs_model_path' value='${project_loc}/../software-requirements/SRSModel.reqif'/><drop/>
</config><drop/>

This is the project location:
[gGet('$project_loc$')/]
[gGet('$project_loc')/]
[gGet('${project_loc}')/]

Model path: 
[gGet('srs_model_path')/]
Teststuff:
[gGet('teststuff')/]

Ends up generating everything empty except srs_model_path is /../software-requirements/SRSModel.reqif

The complete project location is C:\Users\Axel\Documents\Perforce\neptune\projects\template\main\definition\software-requirements. I'm using 0.5.1 of gendoc and Eclispe Mars.1 (4.5.1)

Any idea what might be wrong?
Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1722554 is a reply to message #1722356] Fri, 05 February 2016 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello that is strange, how do you run your generation ? CLI ? GUI ?

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1722555 is a reply to message #1722554] Fri, 05 February 2016 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run this via the GUI.
Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1722634 is a reply to message #1722555] Sun, 07 February 2016 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I know you have mentioned in your first message that workspace_loc returns also empty but can you try again and tell me the value displayed ?
Did you try [gGet('project_loc')/] in your template ?

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1722681 is a reply to message #1722634] Mon, 08 February 2016 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I tried that as well. I have tried my own eclipse variables as well as the ones that are default in every project. It seems that gendoc can't access them.

I'll attach my installation details if that will help and a screenshot of the project's path variables.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2016 09:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1723087 is a reply to message #1722681] Thu, 11 February 2016 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok very weird we will try to reproduce

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1725146 is a reply to message #1723087] Tue, 01 March 2016 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After investigation the problem happens when the template is contained inside a project not physically contained inside the workspace
example :
workspace : c:\user\xxx\ws
template project location : c\myversioncontrol\project

a bug has been created by Axel (thank you !) : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=488684

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1729382 is a reply to message #1725146] Wed, 13 April 2016 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello the bug has been fixed on master branch.
you can try if the fix works for you using the latest build : https://hudson.eclipse.org/gendoc/job/Gendoc/ws/releng/org.eclipse.gendoc.update-site/target/repository/

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1746242 is a reply to message #1729382] Tue, 25 October 2016 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smaoui asma is currently offline smaoui asmaFriend
Hello,

I still have the same problem (empty variable: project loc and workspace loc) with gendoc 0.6.0
however, I would like to know how gendoc calculate the value of this variable ?

Thanks
Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1746257 is a reply to message #1746242] Wed, 26 October 2016 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
it is strange, gendoc visits your workspace to find the correct locationof the document in the workspace.
For workspace location it uses basic eclipse features.

how are you using gendoc ? in command line ?

Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1746319 is a reply to message #1746257] Wed, 26 October 2016 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smaoui asma is currently offline smaoui asmaFriend
No, not in command line Smile I am using Papyrus, I try to generate code from papyrus model, I have an eclipse with both Papyrus and gendoc installed.
My template is in a plugin of my first eclipse Instance and my project (containing my papyrus model : my input model) is in the second eclipse instance. Thus, the template is not in the same workspace than the input model (*.uml) and the output documentation file (*.doc)

The idea is to deploy the plugin containing the template in Eclipse, and then the client create a model in his workspace and generate documentation using gendoc in this same workspace but it is NOT in any case the same workspace that contains the template. the client should not see the template, he only cares about the documentation and the input model (*.uml)
Re: No content in eclipse variables [message #1746329 is a reply to message #1746319] Thu, 27 October 2016 06:49 Go to previous message
OK I think the problem comes from this, to identify project_loc we use the template. I think in your plugin your shall contribute new variables to gendoc (papyrus_model_project_loc ?)

Previous Topic:Getting only applied comments
Next Topic:Getting only applied comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:58:58 GMT 2024