Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UML Profile and SMD(Stereotypes applicable on state machines )
UML Profile and SMD [message #1722178] Wed, 03 February 2016 09:19 Go to next message
Muhammad Kashif is currently offline Muhammad KashifFriend
Hi there,

I have a question that when I apply a stereotype "S1" (extended by metaclass statemachine) . It can be applied only once, means If I apply S1 once and now I want to use it again on same statemachine (for some other purpose) I am unable o apply it again..

Any body please help in this regard

Thanks in advance
Re: UML Profile and SMD [message #1722185 is a reply to message #1722178] Wed, 03 February 2016 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Muhammad,

It is by definition of the UML specification not possible to apply the same stereotype several times to the same element. So Papyrus will not let you apply several time S1 on the same state machine.
You can apply S1 on different state machines, but only one application per state machine.

Regards,
Rémi

Extract of the norm:
Quote:
A non-required Extension (isRequired = false) means that an instance of this Stereotype may be linked to an instance of an extended metaclass at will, and also later deleted at will; however, there is no requirement that each instance of a metaclass be stereotyped. However the same stereotype (or its subtypes) can never be applied twice to the same element. An instance of a Stereotype is deleted when either the instance of the extended metaclass is deleted, or when the Profile defining the stereotype is removed from the appliedProfiles of the Package.

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: UML Profile and SMD [message #1722192 is a reply to message #1722185] Wed, 03 February 2016 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for a quick response..

please let me know is there any way that I can manage an activity (modeled in ACT Diagarm) at meta model..

For example I have modeled a counter in an activity diagram now I want to provide a timer in my meta model and use it in my model without modeling it again (either from a stereotype or any other way)

is there anyway??

Thanks
Re: UML Profile and SMD [message #1722197 is a reply to message #1722192] Wed, 03 February 2016 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Although you can only apply a particular Stereotype once, you can apply
many derivations of the same base Stereotype.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 03/02/2016 10:25, Muhammad Kashif wrote:
> Thank you very much for a quick response..
>
> please let me know is there any way that I can manage an activity
> (modeled in ACT Diagarm) at meta model..
>
> For example I have modeled a counter in an activity diagram now I want
> to provide a timer in my meta model and use it in my model without
> modeling it again (either from a stereotype or any other way)
>
> is there anyway??
>
> Thanks
>
Re: UML Profile and SMD [message #1722202 is a reply to message #1722197] Wed, 03 February 2016 11:15 Go to previous message
How can I apply many derivations of same stereotype,.?

Can you please elaborate a bit??

Thanks
Previous Topic:Default value specified in OCL for properties
Next Topic:SysML metamodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:22:24 GMT 2024