Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan
Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan [message #1721757] Fri, 29 January 2016 21:00 Go to next message
Simone Franzini is currently offline Simone FranziniFriend
I recently updated from Luna to Mars. I am so far very unhappy with Mars. I am a long time Eclipse user on Mac OS X and I never had as many random crashes as I am currently experiencing with Mars.
Crashes do not seem to have a pattern. I am experiencing crashes just while typing code, pushing to Git and all other sorts of activity.
Has anybody else been experiencing this? How can I go about diagnosing and/or fixing the issue?
Before anybody asks, I started with a fresh install while upgrading from Luna, then imported the previously existing plugins. I do not have a lot of plugins. Mostly currently working with Scala / Maven / m2e / Git.
Re: Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan [message #1721759 is a reply to message #1721757] Fri, 29 January 2016 21:13 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Mars.2 will be coming out soon (see download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4 and look for the 4.5 Maintenance Builds). You might otherwise want to consider using one of the Neon / 4.6 milestone builds.

Crashes with the JVM should generally produce a log file called hs_err_PID.log where PID is the process id. Examining those files and opening bugs is the best way to get those issues started.

Brian.
Previous Topic:How does one launch an E4 Application from another?
Next Topic:[Eclipse Mars/Eclipse Neon] Eclipse resetting preferences on startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:38:55 GMT 2024