Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Arduino C++ IDE: multiple projects(Do project references work?)
Arduino C++ IDE: multiple projects [message #1721645] Thu, 28 January 2016 21:42 Go to next message
Jon Barrilleaux is currently offline Jon BarrilleauxFriend
I have a project that I developed using Arduino IDE. It consists of multiple projects/libraries. If I dump everything into one C++ project then it compiles but I can't choose which "ino" file deploy. So, I also tried creating a separate C++ project for each one, and reference one project from another. However, it seems that right off the bat a referenced include flice cannot be found by the referee include file.

Are project references supposed to work?
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: multiple projects [message #1721647 is a reply to message #1721645] Thu, 28 January 2016 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Barrilleaux is currently offline Jon BarrilleauxFriend
Also, going back to the original Arduino IDE configuration, each project/library has three files: .ino, .cpp, .h. In a C++ project I tried creating three similar files, with names: MyNameIno.cpp, MyName.cpp, and MyName.h. However, the C++ IDE did not seem to be able to handle this and upload it. ANd, for multiple projects, I tried naming the projects MyName and MyNameIno. Either way it still didn't build properly.

What would you recommend?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2016 21:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Arduino C++ IDE: multiple projects [message #1721650 is a reply to message #1721647] Thu, 28 January 2016 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Nope, project references, and library projects in particular are not supported at the moment. I have a feature request open for it here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=480369.

What I have recommended for now is to copy your libraries into your project. Means you have multiple copies which isn't very good, but that's all we have for now. I'd love to get more people who know Eclipse development to help get us there faster.
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: multiple projects [message #1790563 is a reply to message #1721650] Wed, 13 June 2018 02:10 Go to previous message
BlinkenJim Thompson is currently offline BlinkenJim ThompsonFriend
I'm trying to read this feature request, but when I click on the link, I get an error:

'480369.' is not a valid bug number nor an alias to a bug.
Previous Topic:MQTT for C
Next Topic:Incorrect colors in content assist dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:17:11 GMT 2024