Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Find annotated model element from other file in Inferrer
Find annotated model element from other file in Inferrer [message #1721434] Wed, 27 January 2016 13:19 Go to next message
Ingo Meyer is currently offline Ingo MeyerFriend
Hi,

I'm totally stuck with this..
I have a DSL bases on XBase.
In my inferrer I need a JvmTypeReference to another inferred type of another file of my model whose JvmGenericType is annotated with an specific annotation.

My problem is that in the index I just have proxies at inferrer time!

At all, the inferrer are making big troubles to me. It is too limited. For example, I also need a JvmTypeReference of a generic type parameter from the type of an XExpression. Not possible!?

Please help me with that,

Thanks
~Ingo
Re: Find annotated model element from other file in Inferrer [message #1721937 is a reply to message #1721434] Mon, 01 February 2016 17:47 Go to previous message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend

Ingo Meyer wrote on Wed, 27 January 2016 13:19
Hi,

I'm totally stuck with this..
I have a DSL bases on XBase.
In my inferrer I need a JvmTypeReference to another inferred type of another file of my model whose JvmGenericType is annotated with an specific annotation.

My problem is that in the index I just have proxies at inferrer time!

Do you know the name of that inferred type? Or do you have a handle to the referenced resource to look it up?
It should work by navigating cross references, up to the point, at least where there is no bi-direcational dependency, i.e. the type you are looking for needs the type you are currently inferring.

Ingo Meyer wrote on Wed, 27 January 2016 13:19

At all, the inferrer are making big troubles to me. It is too limited. For example, I also need a JvmTypeReference of a generic type parameter from the type of an XExpression. Not possible!?

It would help if you could outline your scenario with an example. But you cannot resolve anything inside XExpressions during model inference, because the Expression needs a stable structural environment (scope) to be resolved.
It sometimes helps to explain the problem you want to resolve, as often there are alternative ways to solve it.

Sven
Previous Topic:Using operators in the grammar
Next Topic:Accessing properties through JVM model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:35:01 GMT 2024