Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Using EMF Compare to Compare models
Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1720948] Fri, 22 January 2016 06:29 Go to next message
Virajitha Kota is currently offline Virajitha KotaFriend
I am new to Papyrus and EMF Compare tools. I need help in comparing the differences between two models using EMF Compare.

I have the following setup:
- Eclipse Mars
- Papyrus UML 1.1.2
- Model Comparison (EMF Compare) - 3.1.1
Model Comparison (EMF Compare) - Papyrus Support - 3.1.1
Model Comparison (EMF Compare) - UML2 Support - 3.1.1
- Content type in (Preferences - General) already has *di and *notation (locked)

Now, when I launch EMF Compare between two different models (ie *di (or) *notation (or)*uml), I get a message that there are no Model differences.

Please let me know if I am missing some steps.

Thanks.
Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1721017 is a reply to message #1720948] Fri, 22 January 2016 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the EMF Compare forum.
Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1721588 is a reply to message #1720948] Thu, 28 January 2016 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Virajitha,

you are comparing a copy of one Papyrus model with another, both residing in the workspace, right? So no Git repo involved, right?

With which files do you start the comparison? Have you tried starting the comparison for the uml-file or the notation-file instead of selecting the Papyrus "OneFile" node? Because this node is adapted to the di-file, thus by starting the comparison from the Papyrus OneFile node, you may eventually end up comparing the two di-files, which usually are empty.

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1721668 is a reply to message #1721588] Fri, 29 January 2016 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Philip,
Yes, I am comparing two models which reside in the same workspace.
I tried to compare the *uml and *notation files individually too but I still do not see any Model differences Sad

/Virajitha

Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1721740 is a reply to message #1721668] Fri, 29 January 2016 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Virajitha,

Could you ensure you have the "org.eclipse.emf.compare.diagram.papyrus" plugin installed ? (check that through "Help > About Eclipse". In there, click the "installation details" button, go to the "plugins" tab and use the filter to see if that plugin is there). If it is not installed, please install it from your eclipse release's repository (through Help > install new software, and select the eclipse repository from there).

If it is installed, could you raise a bugzilla here and attach your models there so that we can try and reproduce?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1721855 is a reply to message #1721740] Mon, 01 February 2016 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,
I could n't find the exact plugin you referred but I have the below installed.
Is the one referred and the below same?

+++
PluginName: EMF Compare Papyrus Integration
Version: 2.4.0.201509120604
Plug-in Id: org.eclipse.emf.compare.diagram.ide.ui.papyrus
+++

Thanks.

/Virajitha
Re: Using EMF Compare to Compare models [message #1722221 is a reply to message #1721855] Wed, 03 February 2016 13:37 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

The plugin I am talking about should have been installed along with the one you're mentionning here. Could you try re-installing one of the latest EMF Compare (such as our latest milestone of 3.2.0 from this update site), making sure you select the "Model comparison (EMF Compare) - Papyrus support" feature when installing?

If it doesn't work, please raise a bugzilla with sample models with which we can reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:How to compare two models using EMF Compare
Next Topic:Merge Mode in EMFCompare + EGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:40:21 GMT 2024