Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor(Understand how can I configure auto-complete)
Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720627] Wed, 20 January 2016 03:01 Go to next message
pranay roy is currently offline pranay royFriend
I am using intellij and exploring web editor.
I would like to show the auto-complete proposal list without having to press Ctrl+Space . Like configure it for spacebar or blank space .

Please suggest Smile
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720635 is a reply to message #1720627] Wed, 20 January 2016 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

your questions are kind a missleading. you are targeting web. it does not matter if you develop in eclipse or intellij.
since the content assist is called by the client i guess you have to hack this somehow yourself.
the how depends on the client side editor impl.

from the code i can see there is no default hook for xtext-ace.
feel free to file an enhancement request.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720640 is a reply to message #1720635] Wed, 20 January 2016 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.The reason for me mentioning about eclipse and intellij was because I thought it would be different based on the generated classes.
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720645 is a reply to message #1720640] Wed, 20 January 2016 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is
There is a class for eclipse one for idea and one for the web
You can enableLiveAutocompletion in ace but that will not react on space but on alphanumeric only

var editor = xtext.createEditor(...).setOptions({enableLiveAutocompletion:true}); // adaption of js code in index html

Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720648 is a reply to message #1720645] Wed, 20 January 2016 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
digging into the ace api gives you following adaption to get live autocomplete all the time (including spaces through adapting the default regex)

var editor = xtext.createEditor({

baseUrl: baseUrl,
					syntaxDefinition: "xtext-resources/generated/mode-mydsl2"
				});
				editor.completers.forEach(function(completer, i) {completer.identifierRegexps = [/[ a-zA-Z_0-9\$\-\u00A2-\uFFFF]/];});
				editor.setOptions({enableLiveAutocompletion: true})

Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1720655 is a reply to message #1720627] Wed, 20 January 2016 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miro Spönemann is currently offline Miro SpönemannFriend

For the Orion editor you can configure arbitrary characters to trigger content assist. For example, in order to do this for the space bar, include the option
contentAssistCharTriggers: " "
in your xtext.createEditor(..) call (in JavaScript).

See the charTriggers parameter in the Orion documentation:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Documentation/Developer_Guide/Plugging_into_the_editor#orion.edit.contentAssist
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1721973 is a reply to message #1720648] Tue, 02 February 2016 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian ,

I have added the below to index.html file as

//snippet.
require(["webjars/ace/1.2.0/src/ace"], function() {
require(["xtext/xtext-ace"], function(xtext) {
xtext.createEditor({
baseUrl: baseUrl,
syntaxDefinition: "xtext-resources/generated/mode-eindsl",
}).completers.forEach(function(completer, i) {completer.identifierRegexps = [/[ a-zA-Z_0-9\$\-\u00A2-\uFFFF]/];}).setOptions({enableLiveAutocompletion: true});

I am not good with javascript. Please advise if this is the right way.
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1721975 is a reply to message #1721973] Tue, 02 February 2016 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry i tried my example and it works. That is all i can say so far, for the rest you have to debug client and server side

Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1721976 is a reply to message #1721973] Tue, 02 February 2016 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have solved this. Thank you
Re: Auto -Complete for intellij , based web editor [message #1721977 is a reply to message #1721975] Tue, 02 February 2016 04:42 Go to previous message
Ps what about sharing your complete example and all steps to so i can reproduce with 10 seconds effort and not 20 mins

Previous Topic:Accessing properties through JVM model
Next Topic:Regarding Category containing multi word
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:53:13 GMT 2024