Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Eclipse Toolbar(What is the miracle behind it?)
Eclipse Toolbar [message #1720265] Fri, 15 January 2016 15:50 Go to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
I would like to have a toolbar like in eclipse ide. I have read a lot of post from other people that share this desire. Unfortunately I am not able to find a solution.

I am currently starting an e3 application with compatibility layer in e4 and I am having awful problems with the toolbar which are described in other threads already (not being able to D&D, double entries of tools, visible space where currently invisible tools are sitting, etc.)
Seems like e3 toolbars contributions are not very well managed by the compatibility manager.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the toolbar properly running or do I have to switch to e4?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten
icon14.gif  Re: Eclipse Toolbar [message #1720268 is a reply to message #1720265] Fri, 15 January 2016 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Taras is currently offline Adam TarasFriend
Currently I'm also interested in a solution for this problem.
Re: Eclipse Toolbar [message #1730009 is a reply to message #1720265] Wed, 20 April 2016 20:41 Go to previous message
Bo Berney is currently offline Bo BerneyFriend
Same issue here. Did you ever find any workarounds? I've spent many hours attempting to workaround these issues.

One other issue on the main toolbar is that the "toolbar:org.eclipse.ui.trim.command2" locationURI is ignored when starting the application on a new or cleaned workspace. Have to run, close, then re-open to get my status widgets to display on the right side of the toolbar.

I did find an ugly workaround for the gaps in the toolbar. The items that were causing the gaps had the visibility set to true and the child element had visibility set to false. I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but works for me. After loading, I did the following:

MTrimBar topTrim = ((WorkbenchWindow) PlatformUI.getWorkbench()
    .getActiveWorkbenchWindow()).getTopTrim();
for (MTrimElement element : topTrim.getChildren()) {
    if (element instanceof MToolBar) {
        boolean any = false;
        List<MToolBarElement> children = ((MToolBar) element).getChildren();
        if (children != null && !children.isEmpty()) {
            for (MToolBarElement child : children) {
                if (child.isVisible()) {
                    any = true;
                    break;
                }
            }