Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to display an element outcoming from a foreign model (resource)
How to display an element outcoming from a foreign model (resource) [message #1719984] Wed, 13 January 2016 15:19 Go to next message
Orso-Manuel Picon is currently offline Orso-Manuel PiconFriend
Good evening,

I need to show on a sirius diagram elements that come from two different models.
I guess that is possible - maybe by calling the method eResource() in the 'Semantic Candidates Expression', but I don't even know how to use this method.

Any idea about the way to call to external resources in the 'Semantic Candidates Expression' ?

Thank you in advance,

OM
Re: How to display an element outcoming from a foreign model (resource) [message #1720420 is a reply to message #1719984] Mon, 18 January 2016 14:33 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi OM,

AFAIK:

Assuming that you associated the 'two different models' with the same representation file, the default behavior (by not filling in anything in the semantic candidates expression) is to explore every associated model and take any element of the corresponding type and visualize it. In that case, your problem is not how to get to the other models, but to limit showing too much.

As an alternative, you can always write a small java service, based on an arbitrary model element, that investigates any other model you'd like and return the desired candidate elements. This java service should be invoked from the semantic candidates expression.

Greetings,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:How to rearrange elements in the representation graphical view
Next Topic:Suppressing default validation messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:16:17 GMT 2024