Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle
Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1719124] Tue, 05 January 2016 13:58 Go to next message
Philippe Desanois is currently offline Philippe DesanoisFriend
Hi,

environment :
ObeoDesigner 8.0
feature Code Recommenders for Java Developpers from (Code Recommenders Main Update Site - http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable)
feature Gendoc and sirius budle from org.eclipse.gendoc.update-site-0.5.0_for_capella.zip (from https://polarsys.org/forums/index.php/m/409/)

The firts problem is : for the 'My.interactions' semantic model file, the aird file searched is 'My.aird' file. The standard aird file of a sirius project is the 'representations.aird' file.
I copy this last file in My.aird file as workaround.

The aird file is found, but the generated document does not display the diagram, whereas the image arae is present. The diagram is found because its name is displayed.

in log file the message is :
Impossible to find an interpreter - Could not find a session for model element : Node --> org.eclipse.sirius.sample.interactions.impl.ExecutionImpl@d5b4b1a (name: e1)

Thanks,
Philippe

See attachement
Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1721145 is a reply to message #1719124] Mon, 25 January 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
can you try load method before you call to geDiagram service ?
section 8.1.1 in gendoc document https://www.eclipse.org/gendoc/documentation/Gendoc_v0.5_tutorial.pdf

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2016 08:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1721215 is a reply to message #1721145] Mon, 25 January 2016 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
I add the loadRelative('./representations.aird') method before getDiagram.
This avoids the workaround, but the diagram is not displayed, the size of its display area is correct, the title of the chart is displayed.
The same log is produced.
Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1721292 is a reply to message #1721215] Tue, 26 January 2016 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for your feedback do you have the same issue with other representations (ie different than sequence diagram type) ?

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1721444 is a reply to message #1721292] Wed, 27 January 2016 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the same problem occurs with a state diagram.
Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1721913 is a reply to message #1721444] Mon, 01 February 2016 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok we will analyze with your inputs to see what the problem is

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810337 is a reply to message #1721913] Thu, 08 August 2019 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bestoon Jaff is currently offline Bestoon JaffFriend
Hello,
I have the exact same problem as Philippe Desannois explained above. I want to generate Sirius diagrams and tables from the file 'representations.aird', but gendoc cannot generate/display them in the output document, and either gives an error saying it could not load the .aird model file, or it doesn't display any diagram at all!

My development environment:
Obeo Designer Community Edition: 11.1.2 which is based on Eclipse 4.8.0
Sirius: 6.1.3
EMF: 2.14.0
Gendoc: 0.7.2

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 August 2019 11:59]

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810341 is a reply to message #1810337] Thu, 08 August 2019 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello
we will try to reproduce and let you know

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810347 is a reply to message #1810341] Thu, 08 August 2019 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tristan,

I very much appreciate your time and efforts trying to help me out. I have tried loads of different ways to get the gendoc to generate and display Sirius diagrams and tables, but so far no luck and I really had to give up :-(

Awaiting your response please.

Thanks and best regards,
Jaff

[Updated on: Thu, 08 August 2019 15:09]

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810348 is a reply to message #1810341] Thu, 08 August 2019 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the Obeo Designer plugin you are using for interactions ? I was not able to see diagrams.
I attach a zip which contains the project provided in this thread fixed to display a class diagram I've created.

Tell me if you can generate the class diagram to see if we have the same status

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810351 is a reply to message #1810348] Thu, 08 August 2019 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. I have used Sirius to create a rather complicated graphical model editor which contains numerous Sirius diagrams.
I will try to create a simple model and try it again to see if the issue is with my rather complicated model.
I will first try to re-use the project you provided and then try mine again.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks a lot

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810354 is a reply to message #1810351] Thu, 08 August 2019 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Again,

Yes, it turned out the problem was my previous model was to complicated and contained too many diagrams. After I created another instance model based on the same metamodel and using the same viewpoint specified in the .odesign file with fewer diagrams and graphical elements, I could get the gendoc to generate and display all the diagrams in the model.

Thank you very much for your great help, it really saved my day :-)

Best regards
Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810379 is a reply to message #1810354] Fri, 09 August 2019 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello glad you could generate something :)

concerning :
Quote:
my previous model was to complicated and contained too many diagrams

It is strange. Gendoc is used by industrials that generate a lot of pages and diagrams. It is maybe some diagrams that have specific behavior that can't be generated by Gendoc.

If someday you find a diagram which can't be generated, tell us !

[Updated on: Fri, 09 August 2019 07:41]

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810404 is a reply to message #1810379] Fri, 09 August 2019 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Tristan,

Thanks once again for your reply and sorry for my rather late one, You are right, and I agree that gendoc is powerful enough to generate loads of diagrams quickly. As I'm new to gendoc, it's unfair for me to make any judgment on gendoc's performance. I simply asked for help as I'm a new user of gendoc lacking sufficient knowledge and experience about using gendoc in the right way, something which I should admit.

Concerning my case, I could find two issues which prevented gendoc from generating and display any diagram or table. First of all, it seems that gendoc trying to load a .aird file containing all Sirius graphical representations (including diagrams and tables) and by default gendoc assumes the .aird file to have the same name as the semantic model which we specify in the context tag. For example, if the model file is named "test.extention" then it looks for and tries to load a file called test.aird in the same directory(folder) where the model file is resided. However, in my case the model file was in a directory called model and it was named my.modelname and the .aird file was, by convention, named representations.aird which was resided at the project's root folder. However, I tried different ways to tell gendoc that the .aird file has a different name than my model file name and it is located in a different folder than my model, including the use of another <context> tag and using loadRelative() service, however I couldn't get them to resolve the problem. Again, may be I was trying to use those two mechanism in an incorrect way, as I'm not gendoc expert., hence I came here to ask for help from a gentle people like yourself.

I even tried to use another <context> tag and pointing to the .aird file as the value of the model attribute of the context tag, and then tried to navigate and generate the Siuris diagrams this way, but this was also failed in my case. Again, it might be that I was trying in a wrong way.

In summary, I came to a conclusion that if we name our model file as representations and placed in the same directory (the modelling project's root directory) as the representations.aird file, the gendoc can load it without a problem.

I do really appreciate if you know a solution/workaround that could allow us to use gendoc in our other modelling projects where the model files have different names than the representations.aird and even placed in a different directory/folder.

Once again, thank you very for your help.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 August 2019 15:26]

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810407 is a reply to message #1810404] Fri, 09 August 2019 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello
you are right concerning
Quote:
First of all, it seems that gendoc trying to load a .aird file containing all Sirius graphical representations (including diagrams and tables) and by default gendoc assumes the .aird file to have the same name as the semantic model which we specify in the context tag.

it is the code contained in the plugin : https://git.eclipse.org/c/gendoc/org.eclipse.gendoc.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.gendoc.bundle.acceleo.sirius/src/org/eclipse/gendoc/bundle/acceleo/sirius/service/SiriusServices.java

You can see line 31 that the commonservice.load is called to load the aird, you can try to insert in your <gendoc> section a call to : https://git.eclipse.org/c/gendoc/org.eclipse.gendoc.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.gendoc.bundle.acceleo.commons/src/org/eclipse/gendoc/bundle/acceleo/commons/files/commons.mtl line 59 (commons bundle is imported by default),

so can you try [anyEobject.loadRelative('../diagram.aird')/] (before the getSiriusDiagrams of course) ?

you can also try loadURI function

if it is not working you can open a ticket for a new feature concerning your issue
Regards

Re: Diagrams are not displayed in generated document with sirius bundle [message #1810492 is a reply to message #1810407] Mon, 12 August 2019 16:59 Go to previous message
Hello Tristan,

Thank you very much for your kind response and explanation. I will try what you suggested and will update you with the result.

Kind Regards,
Previous Topic:docx document property parts issue
Next Topic:issue with Gendoc v0.7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:51:36 GMT 2024