Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars
Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars [message #1719040] Mon, 04 January 2016 16:29 Go to next message
Florian STRUB is currently offline Florian STRUBFriend
Hi developers,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the amazing job you are doing on LDT.
I have been using eclipse for lua development for a year and I have been very happy with your plugin.

As you may know, Lua is extensively used in the Machine Learning community (Research in Artificial intelligence). A developing framework called Torch (torch.ch) enables to quickly implement complex algorithms in a few lines. This framework either use the qlua or luajit interpreter.

One may configure/execute/debug Torch with LDT very easily (www [dot] lighting-torch [dot] com)

It worked perfectly well with Luna-Eclipse. Unfortunately, the debugger crashes with the new release of Eclipse (Mars/Neon). The log are provided below.

I can provide you a short piece of code to reproduce the issue.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

Kind regards
STRUB Florian

<terminated>AutoeEnc_cf [Lua Application]
Debugging engine (id = dbgp_1451923852658)
<terminated, exit value: 139>/opt/torch/install/bin/qlua (Jan 4, 2016, 5:10:52 PM)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.debug 4 0 2016-01-04 17:11:06.190
!MESSAGE Unable to load variables
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.exceptions.DbgpOpertionCanceledException: java.lang.InterruptedException: ResponsePacketWaiter already terminated
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.communicate(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:100)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.DbgpBaseCommands.communicate(DbgpBaseCommands.java:43)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpContextCommands.getContextProperties(DbgpContextCommands.java:95)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpCoreCommands.getContextProperties(DbgpCoreCommands.java:200)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.readVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:59)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.readAllVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:115)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.checkVariablesAvailable(ScriptStackFrame.java:371)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.getVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:432)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.StackFrameContentProvider.getAllChildren(StackFrameContentProvider.java:53)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.StackFrameContentProvider.getChildCount(StackFrameContentProvider.java:29)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider.retrieveChildCount(ElementContentProvider.java:118)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider$2.run(ElementContentProvider.java:67)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: ResponsePacketWaiter already terminated
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.packets.DbgpResponcePacketWaiter.waitPacket(DbgpResponcePacketWaiter.java:44)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.packets.DbgpPacketReceiver.getResponsePacket(DbgpPacketReceiver.java:61)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.DbgpDebugingEngine.getResponsePacket(DbgpDebugingEngine.java:94)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.receiveResponse(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:44)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.communicate(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:69)
... 12 more
Re: Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars [message #1720736 is a reply to message #1719040] Wed, 20 January 2016 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
Could you retest it with the last version 1.3.1 : https://eclipse.org/ldt/
Did you still have the same behavior ?
Thx
Simon
Re: Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars [message #1721228 is a reply to message #1720736] Mon, 25 January 2016 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian STRUB is currently offline Florian STRUBFriend
Hi Simon,
I downloaded the current milestone and it seems to work.
If I observe a crash, I will inform you.
Unfortunately, the default Lua installation (from Eclipse install software) points to the wrong version. Sad
Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
STRUB Florian
Re: Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars [message #1736087 is a reply to message #1719040] Sat, 25 June 2016 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I am seeing an almost identical behaviour. I am able to start the Lua program, and set a breakpoint, but step / continue is very unstable and often crashes the debugging session.

I spent several hours yesterday trying to work around this, and can confirm I see this in LDT stable release (1.3.1) w/ provided Eclipse, as well as when loading in the latest milestone (1.4M3) in Mars / Neon / Luna. I even went as far as compiling LDT from Git, and see the same behaviour.

One clue: If I start the program in debug mode and hide the variables tab, the debugger does *not* crash and I am able to step / inspect and use variable watches. If I switch to the variables tab, the instability resurfaces.

I am working with a Lua-Torch sample when seeing this:
https://github.com/Element-Research/rnn/blob/master/examples/simple-recurrence-network.lua

Stack trace is very similar to original post:

eclipse.buildId=4.6.0.I20160606-1100
java.version=1.8.0_91
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_CA
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -data file:/home/benjii/rnn-neon/ -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.debug 4 0 2016-06-24 19:15:07.777
!MESSAGE Unable to load variables
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.exceptions.DbgpOpertionCanceledException: java.lang.InterruptedException: ResponsePacketWaiter already terminated
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.communicate(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:100)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.DbgpBaseCommands.communicate(DbgpBaseCommands.java:43)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpContextCommands.getContextProperties(DbgpContextCommands.java:95)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpCoreCommands.getContextProperties(DbgpCoreCommands.java:200)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.readVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:59)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.readAllVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:130)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.refreshVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:425)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.checkVariablesAvailable(ScriptStackFrame.java:405)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptStackFrame.getVariables(ScriptStackFrame.java:472)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.StackFrameContentProvider.getAllChildren(StackFrameContentProvider.java:53)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.StackFrameContentProvider.getChildCount(StackFrameContentProvider.java:29)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider.retrieveChildCount(ElementContentProvider.java:118)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider$2.run(ElementContentProvider.java:67)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: ResponsePacketWaiter already terminated
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.packets.DbgpResponcePacketWaiter.waitPacket(DbgpResponcePacketWaiter.java:44)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.packets.DbgpPacketReceiver.getResponsePacket(DbgpPacketReceiver.java:61)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.DbgpDebugingEngine.getResponsePacket(DbgpDebugingEngine.java:94)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.receiveResponse(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:44)
at org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.commands.DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.communicate(DbgpDebuggingEngineCommunicator.java:69)
... 13 more
Re: Debugger crashes with Torch and Mars [message #1737197 is a reply to message #1736087] Wed, 06 July 2016 10:32 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
If you find a minimal sample of code I can easily reproduce with the embedded lua VM or a standard lua VM. I can try to spend some time to investigate that.
Previous Topic:Crash when upgrading to new debugger.lua
Next Topic:Autocomplete without CTRL+SPACE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:06:34 GMT 2024