Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using third party bundle within servletbridge (Equinox within a (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using third party bundle within servletbridge (Equinox within a servlet container))
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using third party bundle within servletbridge (Equinox within a [message #1718675] Tue, 29 December 2015 06:02 Go to next message
supriya prasad is currently offline supriya prasadFriend
down vote
favorite

I am using the org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge approach to run equinox within a tomcat servlet container. I have a simple web application which registers servlets at the BridgeServlet. This set up works fine and I am able to run the servlet.

I now have a thirdparty licensed bundle which needs to be invoked from the Servlet. The thirdparty bundle has the manifest file defined with correct export-package. This bundle refers to dll files which are present within the bundle jar file. I tried putting the dll files(by extracting from the bundle) under lib folder of my bridge servlet app and I am using the api provided in the bundle to do some operation. I am getting this error. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no abc in java.library.path

Can you please let me know how the error can be resolved?

Thanks, Supriya
Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using third party bundle within servletbridge (Equinox withi [message #1718831 is a reply to message #1718675] Wed, 30 December 2015 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
This appears to have nothing to do with Eclipse. It would be better to go o a forum addressing java problems.

Yes it can be frustrating but you also shouldn't shotgun by posting the same question in multiple forums. It's impolite and could cause you to be continually ignored. You posted the same question at stackoverflow yesterday with a much longer and more informative post. So, it seems you've copied this from yet another forum.

Quote:
I tried putting the dll files(by extracting from the bundle) under lib folder of my bridge servlet app and I am using the api provided in the bundle to do some operation. I am getting this error.

You didn't even mention that copying the dll files to Windows\System32 folder was a workaround but you did at stackoverflow yesterday. Why? If you insist on cross-posting at least use the same post content.

Sounds to me like LIBPATHS or some other environment variable isn't being set correctly but I'm only guessing and have no way to test it.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2015 21:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using third party bundle within servletbridge (Equinox withi [message #1718844 is a reply to message #1718831] Thu, 31 December 2015 02:31 Go to previous message
supriya prasad is currently offline supriya prasadFriend
I was able to get it working by setting the runtime VM options in Tomcat to point to the dll files.

Thanks...
Previous Topic: Mars.1 (4.5.1 ) Build id: Z20151207-1411 problems
Next Topic:No Spring Project in Menu New!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:35:35 GMT 2024