Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » we can't connect to the discovery source(error message when trying to Install Papyrus Additional Components)
we can't connect to the discovery source [message #1718474] Thu, 24 December 2015 10:23 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
Eclipse starts and I can (hardly - because of performance) work on models.

Now I wanted to learn about code generation. For that I should install additional components.

The failure happens on my computer with Mars.1 Papyrus 1.1.3 as well as Nightly Build, it happens on Debian-SID with Debian-KDE as well as on Win7 installation. All 64-bit.

It happens to the Eclipse installation that got Papyrus additionally as well as the Just-Papyrus installation from a fresh download.

In "Preferences" Installation/Update (of the Just-Papyrus installation) I can find the entry http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/mars

My internet connections is working and fast.

Any idea welcome how to install additional components facing this failure?

Rolf
Re: we can't connect to the discovery source [message #1718576 is a reply to message #1718474] Sun, 27 December 2015 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
I'd like to find out what I am doing wrong when trying to install additional components.
When I click on Help/Install Papyrus Additional Components I get the failure message We can't connect to the discovery source, make sure you're connected to internet and try again.

What may have cause this message - as my internet connection is just perfect (e.g. just installed Subversive to Eclipse)?

What would be your next step narrowing the cause?

Rolf
Re: we can't connect to the discovery source [message #1719154 is a reply to message #1718576] Tue, 05 January 2016 16:35 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Rolf,

The discovery site has been deleted by mistake when migrating to the new Papyrus website. It has now been restored

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Showing a property for a stereotyped association
Next Topic:Programmatically create but not display diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:11:01 GMT 2024