Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » New features and extensions discussion(Discuss with us important features and extensions you want to see in OM2M.)
icon3.gif  New features and extensions discussion [message #1717985] Fri, 18 December 2015 12:09 Go to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello folk,

I created this topic to discuss together all kind of new features, services, extensions and applications you would like to see in the OM2M platform.

We count on your participation to help us enhancing our roadmap. So, please feel free to share your thoughts with us.

Best regards,
Mahdi
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1718432 is a reply to message #1717985] Wed, 23 December 2015 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Wang is currently offline Kim WangFriend
Dear Madhi,

I welcome your initiative. Thank you so much for your great job!

I am not familar with oneM2M standard, but I am wondering if it is possible to include the mqtt protocol to your platform. Is mqtt compliant with restful architecture ?

I know that you already support the coap protocol. Do you have any plans to support lwm2m for device management ?

Finally, I prefer to replace xml with json which is simpler to understand, easier to program, and requires less overhead.

Thanks,
Wang Kim
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1718605 is a reply to message #1718432] Mon, 28 December 2015 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thierry Monteil is currently offline Thierry MonteilFriend
Hi Wang Kim,

Just few information on ongoing cooperation for OM2M roadmap, we have started
a cooperation with two companies to add device management with LWM2M. The goal is to make the connection with an other eclipse IoT project: Leshan.
We also explore with an other lab the use of MQTT in OM2M. An internship will probably start on February on this subject.

For the OneM2M version, we have finalized it on last September. This version is now stable and had passed the tests specification produced by OneM2M during plug test. The official publication on eclipse is delayed because we study the best way to publish this new completely different middleware. We hope to announce the publication before the end of January.

Thierry.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1722665 is a reply to message #1718605] Mon, 08 February 2016 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Cloete is currently offline Andrew CloeteFriend
Hi Thierry,

Any news on the publication date for the new OM2M platform?

Regards
Andrew
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1722737 is a reply to message #1722665] Mon, 08 February 2016 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Andrew,

The IP process is still in progress with eclipse staff. The source will be available very soon.

Thierry.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1724333 is a reply to message #1722737] Tue, 23 February 2016 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejc Gašperin is currently offline Nejc GašperinFriend
Hi, i have one question about custom plugin in OneM2M project.

I followed tutorial for creating custom plugin into OM2M project (https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/Developer).
When i created MY_SENSOR -> DESCRIPTOR, i got "GET" and "GET (Direct)" buttons on that DESCRIPTOR. I noticed i can add more custom buttons into ObixUtil class and control it via Controller class.
So is there a way to add input text (blank text field) into DESCRIPTOR and attach it to a button, so the way i could post a string into the Controller and do actions regarding to that string?

For better illustration what i would like to do, i attached the image.
index.php/fa/25077/0/
  • Attachment: wishes.PNG
    (Size: 29.54KB, Downloaded 805 times)
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1725887 is a reply to message #1724333] Tue, 08 March 2016 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois AissaouiFriend
Hi,

This mechanism has not been implemented in the web interface but actually, you can directly send information to your custom plugin using a POST request. If you put anything in the body and the request targets the IPE, the body will also be redirected to the plugin. You will be able to handle the content in your way.

So this feature is not currently present in the web interface but you still can use it in your program.

Regards,
François
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1728379 is a reply to message #1725887] Mon, 04 April 2016 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois, thank you for answering. I have created CEP (Complex event processing) plug-in / library for OM2M platform awailable here. It uses Espertech library for handling CEP rules, H2 Database engine for storing rules and Jetty for web server implementation. It is awailable as library (om2m-cep.jar) or as open-source plug-in.

I mentioned it if somebody wants to check it and post some opinions / improvements or maybe to include it in your main OM2M project repository.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1728387 is a reply to message #1717985] Mon, 04 April 2016 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nejc,
This extension of OM2M with CEP capabilities is very interesting. I go on the website of Espertech but I don't find the licence. Is it compatible with EPL ?

Thierry.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1728487 is a reply to message #1728387] Mon, 04 April 2016 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

first thank you for showing interest into CEP library. I found that page, where Espertech license is more described. I hope it helps.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1728589 is a reply to message #1728487] Tue, 05 April 2016 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GPL is not compatible with EPL licence.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1729250 is a reply to message #1717985] Tue, 12 April 2016 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikolaj Dobski is currently offline Mikolaj DobskiFriend
Hello,
any updates on the oneM2M complaint release?

Best regards,
Mikolaj Dobski

--
IoT Systems Department
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
ul. Jana Pawła II 10, 61-139 Poznań, Poland
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1729264 is a reply to message #1729250] Tue, 12 April 2016 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mikolaj

You can find the source of the future OM2M 1.0 compliant with onem2m here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/Clone

The tutorial is also updated for onem2m.

For the binary, we wait for the final agreement from eclipse.

Regards,

Thierry
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1729269 is a reply to message #1729264] Tue, 12 April 2016 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikolaj Dobski is currently offline Mikolaj DobskiFriend
which branch? master?
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1729270 is a reply to message #1729269] Tue, 12 April 2016 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes this the master branch.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1734826 is a reply to message #1729270] Mon, 13 June 2016 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Shoaib is currently offline Muhammad ShoaibFriend
Hi, I am working in a research lab and we working on adding the security CSF as described in OneM2M architecture into the OM2M. I've downloaded the java source code from github I do see all the classes but cannot seem to find the main method. Any direction any information any documentation any kind of help will be appreciated. I do know that TLS is implemented but internally and not open sourced because of licence issues.
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1734904 is a reply to message #1734826] Mon, 13 June 2016 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Muhammad,

This is a great initiative and we are happy to help.
Our stack is based on JAVA/OSGi so there is no such main method.
Are you familiar with OSGi development ?

Reagards,
Mahdi
Re: New features and extensions discussion [message #1734950 is a reply to message #1734904] Tue, 14 June 2016 05:32 Go to previous message
Muhammad Shoaib is currently offline Muhammad ShoaibFriend
No although I am not but this direction helps alot I will read about it all and in mean time any more of help which may let me understand the flow will be appreciated alot
Previous Topic:About discovery of resources
Next Topic:Documentation about the M2M Topics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 30 05:57:39 GMT 2024