Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » How do I define a "null" password in the connection profile?(Problems using Kerberos to connect to database server)
icon5.gif  How do I define a "null" password in the connection profile? [message #1717653] Tue, 15 December 2015 14:51 Go to next message
Bill Mair is currently offline Bill MairFriend
I am trying to connect to a server using Kerberos but the connection profile insists on having a password. The account doesn't have a password (not an enabled one at least).

It would appear that the connector is adding a 0 length string to the properties and the server is refusing the connection as password authentication has been revoked.

How can I define a connection that uses a properties file that I define and load it?

Or how can I let the mask know that the "Password:" field should be ignored.

There is no need to save a password, or pop up the connect dialogue when Kerberos is being used either.
Re: How do I define a "null" password in the connection profile? [message #1717657 is a reply to message #1717653] Tue, 15 December 2015 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The answer is make the column "Name" wider, there is a Kerberos profile already there.

Nope, getting a message about SECTKN missing in ACCSEC now.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2015 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I define a "null" password in the connection profile? [message #1717663 is a reply to message #1717657] Tue, 15 December 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That profile adds a password to the properties file too. Empty or otherwise, I can see:
[jcc] Using properties: { ..., password=****, ...}
In the trace output Sad
icon14.gif  Re: How do I define a "null" password in the connection profile? [message #1717674 is a reply to message #1717663] Tue, 15 December 2015 17:04 Go to previous message
For some strange reason adding the property "user=kerberos" caused it to work.

To recap:

I configured a DB2 driver using the option for a JDBC4 driver with "using Kerberos Security Default" in the name.

Added 2 properties:
kerberosServerPrinicipal=db2/db2server.private.lan@PRIVATE.LAN
user=kerberos

Configured eclipse command line to append the vm agruement
-vmargs -Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:/../../JaasLogin.cfg

The connection identity, KeyTab,,local principal, etc. are configured in C:/.../JaasLogin.cfg under the entry
JaasClient { ... };

Previous Topic:DB2 Connection
Next Topic:Function builder- custom functions list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:40:31 GMT 2024