Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Channel Configuration(How to change / update it)
Channel Configuration [message #1717369] Sat, 12 December 2015 10:25 Go to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
Is there a way to send the thing handler notification that a channel configuration has been updated (with the updated configuration)? Something similar to:

public void updateConfiguration(ThingUID thingUID, Map<String, Object> configurationParameters)
            throws ConfigValidationException 

but with a channel UID?

(One option I can see is to add configuration parameter to the map that will be use to identify that this is a channel configuration and override handleConfigurationUpdate, but it seems to me more like a hack.)

Re: Channel Configuration [message #1718030 is a reply to message #1717369] Fri, 18 December 2015 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Channel configurations are currently pretty weakly supported in general as there weren't many use cases yet. I would claim that we will need to add similar possibilities as for the thing configuration itself, so probably we should have a handleChannelConfigurationUpdate() method similar to handleConfigurationUpdate() on the ThingHandler. Feel free to enter an issue for this or even better directly provide a pull request Smile
Re: Channel Configuration [message #1756056 is a reply to message #1718030] Fri, 10 March 2017 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Janzen is currently offline Sebastian JanzenFriend
Is there a solution now? I cannot find anything about how to update a Channel's config.
Re: Channel Configuration [message #1759456 is a reply to message #1756056] Tue, 11 April 2017 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
Maybe extending this question slightly, but now that ZWave has the ability to configure things in text files, I'm getting questions about how to configure channels in text files.

Is this possible at the moment?
Re: Channel Configuration [message #1759704 is a reply to message #1759456] Sun, 16 April 2017 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Yes, it is possible, see https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/features/dsl.html#state-channels. You can provide a channel configuration just the same way as you provide a configuration for a Thing.
Re: Channel Configuration [message #1759717 is a reply to message #1759704] Mon, 17 April 2017 13:03 Go to previous message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
Thanks Kai.
Previous Topic:How to remove a thing correctly?
Next Topic:Send Command to another Binding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:06:57 GMT 2024