Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Automatic, persistent subscription to posts?
Automatic, persistent subscription to posts? [message #1717245] Fri, 11 December 2015 00:32 Go to next message
Larry LeBron is currently offline Larry LeBronFriend
Is it possible set up an auto-subscribe to any posts that I write in the forums?

Also, it seems like, even with the current system, when I subscribe to a post and get a notification, my subscription then deactivates. Perhaps the deactivation only occurs once I visit the post?

Either way, is it possible to set up a subscription which will persist until I cancel it?

Thanks!!
Re: Automatic, persistent subscription to posts? [message #1717335 is a reply to message #1717245] Fri, 11 December 2015 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I'm pretty sure that's how it works (persistent subscriptions). I know I get notifications to threads that I've replied to (or otherwise have subscribed to) until I explicitly unsubscribe.
If you go to a thread that you think you were subscribed to but don't seem to be, do you see a Subscribe To Topic or Unsubscribe From Topic link at the top?
Re: Automatic, persistent subscription to posts? [message #1717360 is a reply to message #1717335] Sat, 12 December 2015 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'll watch it closely and confirm the behavior I'm seeing. Actually, this post will serve as the test Smile

What about the option to automatically subscribe to posts I create. Is that possible?
Re: Automatic, persistent subscription to posts? [message #1717362 is a reply to message #1717360] Sat, 12 December 2015 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, that confirmed the behavior.

When I wrote this post, I manually subscribed via the link at the top of the page.

Then, when Eric responded, I got a notification in my e-mail.

When I visited the page, I looked at the top and confirmed that I was still subscribed, as the option at the top said "unsubscribe from topic".

I then posted my response (above). Immediately after posting that, the option at the top reverted to "subscribe to topic."

So I assume I was automatically unsubscribed.

Can someone else confirm? It seems like a bug...
Re: Automatic, persistent subscription to posts? [message #1717876 is a reply to message #1717362] Thu, 17 December 2015 13:35 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
That definitely doesn't sound like correct behavior.
I created a thread in the Test forum, can you please respond to it so I can experiment with behavior using my own account?
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1717875/

Also, when you say you posted your response, did you use the Reply button or the Quick Reply text box?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 December 2015 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to Specify CLASSPATH for eclipse?
Next Topic:Project listing is not complete [UI]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:22:15 GMT 2024