Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Could not find or load main class X
Could not find or load main class X [message #1717174] Thu, 10 December 2015 12:35 Go to next message
Eddie Hurley is currently offline Eddie HurleyFriend

I tried to run a program in my eclipse and I got this message
"Error: Could not find or load main class"
what can I do to fix it?
Re: Could not find or load main class X [message #1717187 is a reply to message #1717174] Thu, 10 December 2015 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You should provide more details about what you've tried, specifically. And the obvious question is, are you certain your class has a proper main() method?
Re: Could not find or load main class X [message #1761242 is a reply to message #1717187] Tue, 09 May 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Abramo is currently offline Charles AbramoFriend
I have also received this error for two weeks, since upgrading Java. I deleted Eclipse. Downloaded newest viral protection, scanned entire computer. Rebooted. Downloaded newest version of Eclipse Neon. Corrected all classpaths. Same error. Every time.

The programs worked previously. I right click on main and run as Java application, even. Same error. Every time.

Frustrating. Environment is useless; I can't run anything.
Re: Could not find or load main class X [message #1761279 is a reply to message #1761242] Tue, 09 May 2017 13:21 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
As I said 2 years ago (above), details are important. Start with showing your eclipse.ini (specifically, are you specifying the -vm parameter) and your project's class that you're trying to run.
Have you tried creating a tiny "Hello, world" program in a new project to see if that works?
The more effort you put into describing a problem, the more effort people here will give to try to help.
Previous Topic:How to save stuff written to stderr?
Next Topic:not relevant anymore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:04:17 GMT 2024