Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation?("WARNING: You are binding against the deprecated org.eclipse.fx.javafx - please remove all javafx imports")
org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation? [message #1716832] Tue, 08 December 2015 12:50 Go to next message
Elias Vasylenko is currently offline Elias VasylenkoFriend
Hi everyone, I'm trying to put together a simple e(fx)clipse RCP project. When I launch I get the following warning:

WARNING: You are binding against the deprecated org.eclipse.fx.javafx - please remove all javafx imports

This bundle is deprecated? Why? What exactly is the more up to date alternative for linking to javafx classes? I can find no information about this deprecation anywhere.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Thanks,

Eli
Re: org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation? [message #1716838 is a reply to message #1716832] Tue, 08 December 2015 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi Eli,

This changed with e(fx)clipse Version 2.0. I remember that there were some posts in the forum at the time, but right now I only found this:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1063826&goto=1688516&#msg_1688516

The recommended way to load JavaFX classes with 2.x is to tell equinox to use the extended classpath by launching with the vm argument:
-Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext

(The 1.x way to do it was "-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi" because JavaFX 2 was not on the extended classpath.)

Accordingly, if you are using e(fx)clipse 2.x you should:
- remove org.eclipse.fx.javafx and org.eclipse.fx.osgi from your target
- remove package imports to javafx.*

Hope this helps!
Christoph
Re: org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation? [message #1716849 is a reply to message #1716838] Tue, 08 December 2015 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, this gave me enough help to figure it out. For anyone else using bnd/bndtools like me, it seems the way to do this is something like:

-runsystempackages:\
javafx.application,\
javafx.event,\
javafx.animation,\
javafx.scene,\
javafx.scene.text,\
javafx.scene.layout,\
javafx.scene.image,\
[etc...]

I'm still having some unrelated troubles getting it running, but I've at least confirmed that the packages are available on the classpath for bundles which try to import them now Smile.

Thanks!
Re: org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation? [message #1716864 is a reply to message #1716849] Tue, 08 December 2015 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Are you useing our r5 repo? We have an example at github somewhere but who uses bnd/bndtools
Re: org.eclipse.fx.javafx deprecation? [message #1716869 is a reply to message #1716864] Tue, 08 December 2015 17:15 Go to previous message
Oh fantastic, I didn't realise there was an r5 mirror, I see it now. I'd just been republishing it myself. Thanks for the tip off, that'll make things much easier to maintain.

Anyway, it's all nice and working now Smile

Bndtools was terrible for old Eclipse dev, but I think it should be very solid for e4 stuff once this sort of initial hassle is out of the way. Thanks again for the help, guys.
Previous Topic:javax.scene.media.Media does not understand protocol "bundleresource"
Next Topic:OSGi Service and Toolkit Not Initialized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:52:47 GMT 2024