Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EMF-IncQuery » Using IncQuery to compute derived values
Using IncQuery to compute derived values [message #1716541] Fri, 04 December 2015 16:40 Go to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
I came across a research paper indicating that it is possible to use IncQuery to compute the derived values in an EMF model. This seems to be very promising and I'm wondering whether this is suitable for the relatively simple use cases that I have in the context of EGerrit.

So here are a few questions:
- Is there small, yet complete, example that shows the usage of this functionality?
- If I use this functionality, will part of my code depend on IncQuery, or will source code be generated from the patterns and no runtime dependency on IncQuery will be required?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal
Re: Using IncQuery to compute derived values [message #1716543 is a reply to message #1716541] Fri, 04 December 2015 16:56 Go to previous message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Pascal,

thanks for your interesting in derived feature implementation. We have been using it for a while

* The wiki page https://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFIncQuery/UserDocumentation/Query_Based_Features contains both a description of how to use it, and an example. I hope that is helpful enough.
* The generated code of EMF-IncQuery patterns rely on incquery runtime. We aim to make the dependency chain of IncQuery runtime as small as possible to make this is small issue as possible.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:Query UML-model with UML-profile: no matches
Next Topic:[Release] EMF-IncQuery 1.1.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:52:35 GMT 2024