Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDEBuild - help customizing feature build's .zip archive name(Using headless PDEBuild, how to customize a feature build archive name)
icon8.gif  PDEBuild - help customizing feature build's .zip archive name [message #1716540] Fri, 04 December 2015 16:37
Brian Rue is currently offline Brian RueFriend
First off, I have not done any Eclipse plugin development. I'm currently only trying to build/publish an existing feature and plugin into what I believe is a p2 repo archive(?). Correct me if I'm using the wrong terminology.

I successfully have the headless build gathering the feature and plugin into the default buildRepo exactly how I'd want the resulting .zip to look like by specifying p2.gathering=true and skipMirroring=true in my build.properties file:

buildRepo/
____features/
________com.thing.eclipse.extension.feature.jar
____plugins/
________com.thing.eclipse.extension.ui.jar
____content.xml
____artifacts.xml

When removing the skipMirroring=true or setting to false, another set of scripts is called to take what's in the buildRepo and zip it up into a p2 archive that can be installed into Eclipse IDE via Help -> Install New Software... -> Add Site, and the resulting .zip file is named:

com.thing.eclipse.extension.feature-thing-eclipse-plugin-6.6.0-official-group.group.group.zip

Obviously, that name means nothing to anyone, so I would like to know how to customize it. I understand that setting buildId in my build.properties file affects the middle of the .zip name, however the beginning looks to be just the name of the feature and I have no clue about the group.group.group.

I've tried various settings and read the documentation about 20 times to no avail.
Previous Topic:PDE FileLocator
Next Topic:Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:53:58 GMT 2024