Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Architecture - how are plug-ins registered at Eclipse start?
Eclipse Architecture - how are plug-ins registered at Eclipse start? [message #1716374] Thu, 03 December 2015 10:47 Go to next message
Thomas Bi is currently offline Thomas BiFriend
Hi, i am modeling the the architecture of eclipse in the scope of a lecture at the Vienna University of Technology.

Me and my group would like to show in a sequence diagram how eclipse is initialized. Especially we would like to model the initialization of Plugins, because we focus in our analysis on the modularity of the architecture.

Could you briefly explain how plug-ins are loaded when eclipse is started?
What packages/classes/interfaces are involved and which make use of the IExtensionRegistry? How/when are the UI components loaded?

We would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!!
Re: Eclipse Architecture - how are plug-ins registered at Eclipse start? [message #1716521 is a reply to message #1716374] Fri, 04 December 2015 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
The answers to your questions are quite involved and would be pretty long to be accurate. Have you first browsed the documentation and information available on eclipse.org? After that, I suggest posting more specific questions to the Eclipse Platform forum; this forum is for "newcomers" and yours is definitely not a "newcomer" type of question.
Re: Eclipse Architecture - how are plug-ins registered at Eclipse start? [message #1716620 is a reply to message #1716521] Sun, 06 December 2015 14:53 Go to previous message
Thomas Bi is currently offline Thomas BiFriend
Thanks for your answer! I posted the questions in the Eclipse Platform forum
Previous Topic:password verification
Next Topic:Eclipse menu item selection illegible with color theme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:43:54 GMT 2024