Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to show Functions of a Python-File in the Package Explorer/Navigator on the left side?
How to show Functions of a Python-File in the Package Explorer/Navigator on the left side? [message #1716295] Wed, 02 December 2015 18:01 Go to next message
Richard Krämer is currently offline Richard KrämerFriend

Hey Guys,

I work with Python in Eclipse.

I have a Python-File in my Project which has a lot of methods/functions.
On the left side in Eclipse I have my Navigator / Package Explorer, where I can see:
Projects
---> Files
In the past I could also expand the file, for example myCode.py and then in the navigator were all functions/method of that file shown as "branches" of the "root" which was the file. So the structure was:
Projects
----> Files
------------> methods/functions
This was very usefull because my code was long and I just needed to double click on the left side on the function I was looking for and Eclipse jumped to the corresponding function in the code.

Now this function is gone so I get not any more shown the functions in the navigator. In Other words I can not any more expand the python files in the navigator so Eclipse shows me there the list of the functions in the python file.

So my question is: Does anybody know how to reactivate this function?
Many thanks in advance!!
(hope I explained well enough.. sorry for my bad English. I am from Germany.)

With kind regards,
Richard
Re: How to show Functions of a Python-File in the Package Explorer/Navigator on the left side? [message #1716298 is a reply to message #1716295] Wed, 02 December 2015 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Please read the Announcement messages at the top of each forum. This one is not for technical questions. I'm moving this to the Newcomers forum.
Re: How to show Functions of a Python-File in the Package Explorer/Navigator on the left side? [message #1716445 is a reply to message #1716298] Thu, 03 December 2015 22:15 Go to previous message
Richard Krämer is currently offline Richard KrämerFriend
Thank your very much! And sorry for the wrong posting. I looked very long but didn't find the right forum.. Should have read the announcement!.. Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2015 22:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Does Eclipse create a new Jre for JDT ?
Next Topic:Converting HTML5 to an Android App
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:34:48 GMT 2024