Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Error running org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.e3
[EMF Forms] Error running org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.e3 [message #1716144] Tue, 01 December 2015 16:48 Go to next message
Jim Boone is currently offline Jim BooneFriend
Hi!

I am trying to wrap my brain around EMF Forms and hope to use them in my current project. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get started running the subject sample app. After creating the "Make it happen: sample e3 application" and trying to run it, I get the exception shown below. I know it can't find the EMFFormsRendererService, but why? I was hoping to learn from this sample but I can't even get it working Confused Does anyone have any ideas? I am using version 1.7.0 of the plugins. Thanks in advance.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2015-12-01 11:35:28.278
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.emfforms.swt.core.rendererfactory. The reference is: Reference[name = EMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, interface = org.eclipse.emfforms.spi.swt.core.EMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addEMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, unbind = removeEMFFormsAdditionalRendererService]
org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.view.ECPRendererException: No EMFFormsRendererService available!
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.swt.ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.render(ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.e3.View.createPartControl(View.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView.createPartControl(CompatibilityView.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:341)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:898)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:879)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:121)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:345)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:971)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:640)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$1.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:525)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

Re: [EMF Forms] Error running org.eclipse.emf.ecp.makeithappen.application.sample.e3 [message #1716204 is a reply to message #1716144] Wed, 02 December 2015 08:38 Go to previous message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Jim,
how did you start the example? Did you use the product that is part of the example application?

Your log shows two things:
Quote:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2015-12-01 11:35:28.278
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.emfforms.swt.core.rendererfactory. The reference is: Reference[name = EMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, interface = org.eclipse.emfforms.spi.swt.core.EMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addEMFFormsAdditionalRendererService, unbind = removeEMFFormsAdditionalRendererService]

This is a log of ds because an optional service is not there. There is a long running bug opened against the platform about this log.In short: You can ignore this.

The actual Error is this:
org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.view.ECPRendererException: No EMFFormsRendererService available!
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.swt.ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.render(ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.java:95)

If you didn't use the product to start the demo, you probably are missing this bundle: org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.core.swt and its dependencies.
To run the demo you also will need:
- org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.group.ui.swt
- org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.horizontal.ui.swt
- org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.vertical.ui.swt

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] multi-row controls
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] opening a view model hangs for very long time