Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically
Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically [message #1716134] Tue, 01 December 2015 15:52 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

I'd like to manipulate Oomph setup models programmatically and it being an EMF model I'd like to use EMF of course.

I'm able to read a model and traverse it but I'm not able to change property values e.g the VersionRange of a P2Director Requirement element since there is no setters.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Patrik
Re: Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically [message #1716138 is a reply to message #1716134] Tue, 01 December 2015 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Patrick,

There's org.eclipse.oomph.p2.Requirement.setVersionRange(VersionRange).

On 01/12/2015 4:52 PM, Patrik Nandorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to manipulate Oomph setup models programmatically and it
> being an EMF model I'd like to use EMF of course.
>
> I'm able to read a model and traverse it but I'm not able to change
> property values e.g the VersionRange of a P2Director Requirement
> element since there is no setters.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards
> Patrik

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically [message #1716147 is a reply to message #1716138] Tue, 01 December 2015 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ed,

Ok, there is obvioulsy a setVersionRange(), sorry missed that.

Also I wasn't clear on what I'm trying to do which is to change the max version of the range of a requirement.

My assumed approach to this was to get the range, get the max version, increment it and set the new value to the range.

This I can't do since I can't set the Versions in a VersionRange object due to lack of setters.

Then I tried to create a new VersionRange to set. However createVersionRange takes a Version and VersionSegment which I haven't figured out how to use to set specific min and max versions.

Hope this explains my problem better.

Regards
Patrik
Re: Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically [message #1716149 is a reply to message #1716147] Tue, 01 December 2015 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Patrik,

P2Factory.createVersionRange(Version, VersionSegment) is a convenience factory method to create version ranges that
include a given version and versions up to the next specified version segment. For example, if you have an installable
unit iu with the version 1.0.0 the call P2Factory.eINSTANCE.createVersionRange(iu.getVersion(), VersionSegment.MICRO)
returns the version range [1.0.0,1.0.1), i.e. all version qualifiers in that range.

Note that VersionRange is really a p2 class. You can create instances directly by calling one of the constructors.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 01.12.2015 um 17:56 schrieb Patrik Nandorf:
> Thanks Ed,
>
> Ok, there is obvioulsy a setVersionRange(), sorry missed that.
> Also I wasn't clear on what I'm trying to do which is to change the max version of the range of a requirement.
>
> My assumed approach to this was to get the range, get the max version, increment it and set the new value to the range.
>
> This I can't do since I can't set the Versions in a VersionRange object due to lack of setters.
>
> Then I tried to create a new VersionRange to set. However createVersionRange takes a Version and VersionSegment which
> I haven't figured out how to use to set specific min and max versions.
>
> Hope this explains my problem better.
> Regards
> Patrik
>

Re: Manipulating Oomph setup models programatically [message #1716215 is a reply to message #1716149] Wed, 02 December 2015 09:25 Go to previous message
Thanks Eike, works like a charm.
Previous Topic:Search Dialog Setting "Search page selection" for my User Scope
Next Topic:Bundle Pool Management Dialog - greyed out elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:03:32 GMT 2024