Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro(After successful download - Deployment Console returns UNSUPPORTED_TYPE)
Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro [message #1715931] Fri, 27 November 2015 23:36 Go to next message
John Andreu is currently offline John AndreuFriend
Hey everyone,
Im new to 4DIAC and the forum so I apologize already now for any of my following and future "stupid" questions and my "horrible" spelling. =D
To get a little start off with 4DIAC Im trying to run the FlipFlopTutorial on a RaspberryPi 2 model B like described in the documentation. But Im getting in a little trouble after downloading the application on the RaspberryPi. The "Deployment Console" returns UNSUPPORTED TYPE for FB-Types IX and QX (see pic in appendix). So I suppose, I did something wrong while building FORTE on the RaspberryPi...
CMake is no longer supporting wizard mode, so instead of using "$cmake -i ../.." like described in the documentation, I just used "$cmake -I../.." and got the following returns:
-- Configuration done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/pi/forte/bin/posix
After "$ make" it builds FORTE successfully, otherwise I wouldn't be able to run FORTE on the Raspberry and download the application. Is there an option to check whats missing or better what parameters I used to install FORTE? Or am I wrong at it is something completely different which is responsible for the Error? (Note: WiringPi is installed)
I've a further Question not directly to the problem above, more to the 4DIAC-IDE itself. Im using 4DIAC-IDE_1.7.3 for Mac OS X 10.11.1. Is there a binary version of FORTE which I can use for local tests on the mac or do I've to run FORTE from source when using it with mac?

Thanks already now for tips and help, John Wink
Re: Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro [message #1716093 is a reply to message #1715931] Tue, 01 December 2015 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

Yes the missing of the wizard mode of cmake is rather bad for setting up compiling on RaspberryPI. There are two options you could go for:

1. use the the setup_posix.sh script provided with FORTE. This will perform a basic setup of FORTE and output it into the directory bin/posix. You can then go into this directory and manually edit the CMakeCache.txt file with your favorite text editor. There you can set all the modules you need.
2. You setup a cross compiling envirnoment and use the CMake GUI on your host. This was quite easy on Windows and Linux but I don't know how it is done on Mac OS X.

I hope this helps,
Alois
Re: Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro [message #1716290 is a reply to message #1716093] Wed, 02 December 2015 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey again everyone,

I used a mix of 1 and 2. I just installed the Cmake Gui on the RaspberryPi. First I used the setup_posix.sh script provided with FORTE like mentioned above. Then I went to the posix directory and opened the CMakeCache.txt file with the Cmake Gui and choose the function blocks I want to compile. After configure and generate i normally build FORTE in the LX Terminal. This worked perfectly, so Im not getting any errors while downloading the application on the RaspberryPI. =D

But unfortunately FORTE on the RaspberryPi crashs directly after trying to initialize the IX and QX functions. So I ran FORTE with gdb and get the following error:
wiringPISetup: Must be root. (Did you forget sudo?)

So I tried to build wiringPi before running FORTE again, but this doesn't help. Do Ive to start wiringPi somehow or does it has to do with any rights? Here again the original error message from the gdb:
CEventChainExecutionThread::startEventChain
TRACE: T#029260ms: InputEvent: Function Block (SVR) got event: 254 (maxid: 1)
TRACE: T#029260ms: OutputEvent: Function Block sending event: 1 (maxid: 1)
TRACE: T#029261ms: InputEvent: Function Block (MGR) got event: 1 (maxid: 1)
TRACE: T#029261ms: CEventChainExecutionThread::startEventChain
TRACE: T#029261ms: InputEvent: Function Block (IX) got event: 0 (maxid: 1)
TRACE: T#029261ms: InputEvent: Function Block (SVR) got event: 1 (maxid: 1)
wiringPiSetup: Must be root. (Did you forget sudo?)
TRACE: T#029262ms: InputEvent: Function Block (SVR) got event: 1 (maxid: 1)
TRACE: T#029357ms: CEventChainExecutionThread::startEventChain
TRACE: T#029357ms: CEventChainExecutionThread::startEventChain
TRACE: T#029532ms: Starting ECTRACE: T#029532ms: CEventChainExecutionThread::startEventChain
[Thread 0x750ff450 (LWP 3871) exited]
[Thread 0x75aff450 (LWP 3870) exited]
[Thread 0x76ff6000 (LWP 3865) exited]
[Thread 0x7649f450 (LWP 3869) exited]
[Inferior 1 (process 3865) exited with code 01]
(gdb) 

Thanks and greetings John
Re: Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro [message #1716308 is a reply to message #1716290] Wed, 02 December 2015 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it finally works if i run FORTE with the sudo-command on the RaspberryPi =D
Greetings John
Re: Building FORTE on RaspberryPi 2 B using MacBook Pro [message #1716486 is a reply to message #1716308] Fri, 04 December 2015 10:39 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Ah yes. IO access on linux based systems most of the time requires root access. Great that it works now for you.
Previous Topic:SF / Eclipse Forum
Next Topic:4DIAC-IDE 1.8.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:23:02 GMT 2024